Baby sleeping outside

I did to just this afternoon, as long as the garden is secure which this was thn I dnt see the problem fresh air is good for them. I'm not recommended it every nap but I wrapped him up and he had a good old nap out there! (I was dusting nd didn't want him inhaling it inside!)

I wouldn't do it in our front garden cause the kids across the road are evil :haha:, but I would in our back garden :)

When i am at my grandparents, at my horses, yes i would. they live in the county and the fresh air there is beautiful and so healthy for LO, IMO.

At home, even though a small village. No. Our back garden in not secure in anyway. If we had locked garden then i might.

I live in USA in the north it gets pretty cold here. Is this a thing that is common to your country and region? I personally wouldn't, heck here someone would call Child Protective Services and there would be legal repercussions. However, in your country/region, maybe this is acceptable. Is it cool there year round?

I live in USA in the north it gets pretty cold here. Is this a thing that is common to your country and region? I personally wouldn't, heck here someone would call Child Protective Services and there would be legal repercussions. However, in your country/region, maybe this is acceptable. Is it cool there year round?

It is extreemly common across all of scandinavia. I dont think we have the mentality that people from other countries have, that someone could swoop in and steal our babies. I cant explain why. I have anly heard of one insident of someone stealing a buggy, and that was some dement person in Denmark who parked it a few streets down after napping it.
I once read about this danish couple who lived in New York, who were arrested after leaving their baby outside a coffee shop while they were inside.
Personally I would never do this outside the nordic countries.
And yeah its pretty cold here. I think it is what you call sub arctic climate or something. During the summer the temperature is about 10-15 degrees celcius. During the winter it can be anywhere from -10 - 6 degrees celcius. But it is all about how you dress them. I dont have one of those old fashioned buggies, but I use a special sleeping bag made for sleeping outside. I never put her out if it is too windy or snowing/raining, as it is not a weather proof buggy. But if the weather is like it has been today, like mildly breezy and 3 degrees, there is no problem.

It is extreemly common across all of scandinavia. I dont think we have the mentality that people from other countries have, that someone could swoop in and steal our babies. I cant explain why. I have anly heard of one insident of someone stealing a buggy, and that was some dement person in Denmark who parked it a few streets down after napping it.
I once read about this danish couple who lived in New York, who were arrested after leaving their baby outside a coffee shop while they were inside.
And yeah its pretty cold here. I think it is what you call sub arctic climate or something. During the summer the temperature is about 10-15 degrees celcius. During the winter it can be anywhere from -10 - 6 degrees celcius. But it is all about how you dress them. I dont have one of those old fashioned buggies, but I use a special sleeping bag made for sleeping outside. I never put her out if it is too windy or snowing/raining, as it is not a weather proof buggy. But if the weather is like it has been today, like mildly breezy and 3 degrees, there is no problem.
I have found certain countries to be very closed minded about practices different from theirs and immediately offer their opinion about why it's wrong and you're a bad parent. ;)
I've heard of it living in Canada and as long as they're properly supervised as they are inside the home and sleep better, I don't see what the problem is... In fact I might try it.
We have a fenced garden and two dogs trained in protection, if anyone wants to swoop down and take our baby without being noticed, it won't be easy for them :blush:

Wow at the couple being arrested. This is why I asked about the region standards. I'm sure your babe is just fine.

I think we have more demented persons here lmao. :haha: Maybe we should move to the nether regions.:hugs:

id worry about foxes, if i had a cat net i might do it but i cudnt relax xx

I don't see an issue with it as long as they had the appropriate shelter from any wind or sun. I used to let mine sleep outside too back when he would actually sleep outside :rofl:

Yes I do, If we have been for a walk and hes asleep or sometimes I have to put him in his pram to nap and I have to push him round the garden to get him to sleep, once hes asleep I leave him there - obviously i can see him at all times and my garden is completely enclosed :shrug:
I think its good for him and hes nicely wrapped up with blankets etc..

Please dont call SS on me!!

If you have a portable baby monitor you can hear every movement of the baby. I am sure that it would pick up any animal trying to snuggle in there. I dont actually have one, but I am constantly checking baby, and I have a dog that simply detests the cats in the neighbourhood. If one came near the window he would let me know.

I put my LO outside to sleep for her naps too! She sleeps fantastically out there and I constantly check on her. Fresh air is great for babies....granted I live on an acre and half and have no worries about someone snatching my baby....but I think that there is nothing wrong with having babe sleep outside.

I do it, in the garden next to the window, the gate is double locked and the pushchair covered. he sleeps well and i can hear him. i don't see a problem x

Yep, I do this too if my son falls asleep in the double buggy as it won't fit in the house. I take it round the side where we have a padlocked gate and a shelter and leave him outside the kitchen door. I see no problem with it at all, I know loads of people who do this. I would never leave him outside a shop or anywhere it wasn't secure.

https://www.babble.com/baby/baby-health-and-safety/baby-sleep-parenting-wisdom-scandinavia/

My sister used to do this with her daughters; her garden had an extremely high fence and a locked gate. xx

I dont and wouldnt! I live in the uk and i think of anyone was caught doing that here social services would have a lot to say

I'm not keen on the idea myself because our back garden isn't secure. However I'm not sure about the above comment about social services, in my area anyway, considering my health visitor recommended we do this just yesterday because Sophie was having trouble napping!!!

Yeah, but only when we've come back from walks if she's fallen asleep. We have double glass doors so sit her there. I don't leave the kitchen really so can keep an eye on her. She sleeps amazingly out there :)

Just wondering if anyone looked at the article? Do you also leave them outside when the elements are harsher like a couple ft of snow on the ground? Seriously, i am jsut courious. Not judging in the least. We do not practice this in US but i do take LO out for walks and to the park almost everyday, but not if the weather is bad. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->