Baby sleeping outside

What's the theory behind the baby sleeping outside though? Just curious about the reasoning. Fresh air? Don't we all have that coming in anyway, with windows?

What's the theory behind the baby sleeping outside though? Just curious about the reasoning. Fresh air? Don't we all have that coming in anyway, with windows?

Not sure about babies (they're probably the same) but I sleep sooooo much better and deeper in my arctic goose down duvet when it's cold around me... but in the morning waking up is really unpleasant because you're so unbelievably comfortable lol

Not sure about babies (they're probably the same) but I sleep sooooo much better and deeper in my arctic goose down duvet when it's cold around me... but in the morning waking up is really unpleasant because you're so unbelievably comfortable lol

Re: windows open overnight - I'd just be cautious that LO might get too cold or even too warm from the extra wrappings overnight tbh. I also wouldn't leave our windows open at night for fear of burglars etc but no harm in baby being outside but in view IMO.

You know what, Im exacyly the same. I have to always have the wondow open and if its freezing, I love the cold air on my face while snuggled under a warm duvet...

@Moo...PMSL at Coop, I really hope thats a true story!

Just incase anyone IS wondering on the mangle.....

Feck. I knew I'd done that wrong. Somebody remind me how to post an image again. God, I'm so old and forgetful.

I always sleep with windows open (bedroom is upstairs, so hopefully no burglars :haha:) or I get headaches. I love fresh air! :thumbup:. I would sleep outside if I'd have a nice cozy duvet!!

For feck's sake, I can't even quote a quote properly either.

*shoots self*

https://gallery.e2bn.org/assets/0812/0000/0259/washday_010_mid.jpg

Something like that :D?

Personally I HATE the il's leaving LO outside unless somebody is out their with him. I'm not going to critise anybody who feels happy doing it I'm just not happy with it esp when they go into the house and leave him my fear is he wakes and they don't hear him or a cat gets into his buggy or something.

Sorry not for me.

Lauki is that thing not a wringer?
Minky what is a mangle?

PS I'm not that young 36!

That's the one! How the hell do I post an image again? I haven't done it since my birth story LOL

Personally I HATE the il's leaving LO outside unless somebody is out their with him. I'm not going to critise anybody who feels happy doing it I'm just not happy with it esp when they go into the house and leave him my fear is he wakes and they don't hear him or a cat gets into his buggy or something.

Sorry not for me.

Lauki is that thing not a wringer?
Minky what is a mangle?

PS I'm not that young 36!

Don't pretend you don't know you old fart.

Hoy less of the old fart .... I'm sure it's a region thing ....your still older than me...

Hoy less of the old fart .... I'm sure it's a region thing ....your still older than me...

Honestly, the abuse I get on here. Bloody raging ageism.

See Lauki's post ^^^^ - that's a mangle.

I know what a mangle is, we had one over a washing machine when I was a kid. My dad told me you put babies through it to squeeze out baby oil.

Wow it is so amazing to me all the different practices around the world :) I guess here in the states if you had a private secure yard in a country setting it would do no harm as long as you are outside to keep a watch. I have done this during the summer and LO fell asleep on a blanket or on our big swing, but I would stay next to him. As for the article, no I would never leave him to sleep outside of a cafe, the child abduction rate is way too high here. Plus that is an instant call to social services and the police.
Even if you do some work in the garden here and leave your sleeping LO inside, and you accidently lock yourself out if you can't break into your own home you have to call a locksmith, who by law has to call the police, who will call social service because the child was left "unattended" :shrug: American society. :nope: I wish we could live the way you do there seems much more easy going as far as that goes.

Wow it is so amazing to me all the different practices around the world :) I guess here in the states if you had a private secure yard in a country setting it would do no harm as long as you are outside to keep a watch. I have done this during the summer and LO fell asleep on a blanket or on our big swing, but I would stay next to him. As for the article, no I would never leave him to sleep outside of a cafe, the child abduction rate is way too high here. Plus that is an instant call to social services and the police.
Even if you do some work in the garden here and leave your sleeping LO inside, and you accidently lock yourself out if you can't break into your own home you have to call a locksmith, who by law has to call the police, who will call social service because the child was left "unattended" :shrug: American society. :nope: I wish we could live the way you do there seems much more easy going as far as that goes.

Every sociaty has its negatives too. Taxes are so high here. 60% for some. You dont get much of your wages back. You get free health care and baby care though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->