Baby sleeping outside

Oh wow that is high taxes. We don't get free health care here though unless you are below the poverty line and qualify. Canada does though :thumbup: :haha:

I live in USA in the north it gets pretty cold here. Is this a thing that is common to your country and region? I personally wouldn't, heck here someone would call Child Protective Services and there would be legal repercussions. However, in your country/region, maybe this is acceptable. Is it cool there year round?

It is extreemly common across all of scandinavia. I dont think we have the mentality that people from other countries have, that someone could swoop in and steal our babies. I cant explain why. I have anly heard of one insident of someone stealing a buggy, and that was some dement person in Denmark who parked it a few streets down after napping it.
I once read about this danish couple who lived in New York, who were arrested after leaving their baby outside a coffee shop while they were inside.
Personally I would never do this outside the nordic countries.

Wow at the couple being arrested. This is why I asked about the region standards. I'm sure your babe is just fine.

I think we have more demented persons here lmao. :haha: Maybe we should move to the nether regions.:hugs:

Seriously, maybe we should!!! :haha:

Minkymoo you always make me laugh :mrgreen:

P.S: I'm 25 and know what a mangle is :smug:

I live in USA in the north it gets pretty cold here. Is this a thing that is common to your country and region? I personally wouldn't, heck here someone would call Child Protective Services and there would be legal repercussions. However, in your country/region, maybe this is acceptable. Is it cool there year round?

It is extreemly common across all of scandinavia. I dont think we have the mentality that people from other countries have, that someone could swoop in and steal our babies. I cant explain why. I have anly heard of one insident of someone stealing a buggy, and that was some dement person in Denmark who parked it a few streets down after napping it.
I once read about this danish couple who lived in New York, who were arrested after leaving their baby outside a coffee shop while they were inside.

Wow at the couple being arrested. This is why I asked about the region standards. I'm sure your babe is just fine.

I think we have more demented persons here lmao. :haha: Maybe we should move to the nether regions.:hugs:

Hahahaha right? I bet Nordic moms are much happier because they have more "alone time" to shop :haha: :haha: My kid is a terror when we go shopping, I'd love for him to fall asleep and park him outside sometimes lol Hmmmmm maybe my next vacation will be to Scandinavia!

Oh wow that is high taxes. We don't get free health care here though unless you are below the poverty line and qualify. Canada does though :thumbup: :haha:

Oh no ya don't! :haha:

If you make below a certain amount, THEN it's free, unlimited and lovely.
Hubby and I each pay $750 a year and I pay $90/bi-weekly for our drug/dental plan. (100% coverage for 3 people).

....we do get a year of mat leave though, which is nice.

Just wondering if anyone looked at the article? Do you also leave them outside when the elements are harsher like a couple ft of snow on the ground? Seriously, i am jsut courious. Not judging in the least. We do not practice this in US but i do take LO out for walks and to the park almost everyday, but not if the weather is bad. Thank you!

Well I have not done it yet since she is my first child and was born in the middle of summer, but sure, why not?
The only factor that would stop me is if it was pouring with rain or a blizzard, or incredibly windy.
Snow on the ground doent have much to do with the air temperature. You could still have plus degrees with a meter of snow.
The coldest temperatures normally occur when there are no clouds in the sky. Dont know why.
And as long as you dress them correctly, and are shielded from the wind, they will be fine even in minus degrees. Honestly, during last winter, I saw many mothers wheel their babies around in arctic snowy weather. If you wear the right gear it is no problem.
You can find clothing from haglof, Helle Hanson and 66 degrees north that sell good arctic clothing.
I really like the stuff from 66 degrees north as they have a huge infant selection. I have their outdoor sleeping bag for baby, and a full body fleace suit.
https://www.66north.com/shop/c-23-infants.aspx[/QUOTE

I looked at the website and they have some really cute stuff!! I have to say LO does sleep well outside as well so if it was more acceptable here or actually if SS wouldn't come knocking on my door, i would do it as LO has major sleeping issues.. :flower:

Those big prams wouldn't have fitted into most shops - no massive Tescos in the 70s! My sister was born in 1972 and one day my mum took her to the local shop in her pram. She was asleep (and also I bet the pram wouldn't have got through the door!) so left her outside. Did her shopping, came home, unpacked and thought "Hmm, did I forget something? Bloody hell, the baby! Pegged it back there and found my sister still fast asleep outside the shop. :haha:

Oh no ya don't! :haha:

If you make below a certain amount, THEN it's free, unlimited and lovely.
Hubby and I each pay $750 a year and I pay $90/bi-weekly for our drug/dental plan. (100% coverage for 3 people).

....we do get a year of mat leave though, which is nice.

A year mat leave does sound nice :thumbup: Maybe if we had then I would have gone back to work :haha: We get up to 3mos unpaid. But my company would pay 6 weeks for a vaginal birth and 8 weeks for a section birth.
Yup you can qualify for medicaid if you are below the poverty line here. When I was still with my company my medical was about $40/week for LO and I, SO was not covered as we aren't married.

Just wondering if anyone looked at the article? Do you also leave them outside when the elements are harsher like a couple ft of snow on the ground? Seriously, i am jsut courious. Not judging in the least. We do not practice this in US but i do take LO out for walks and to the park almost everyday, but not if the weather is bad. Thank you!

Well I have not done it yet since she is my first child and was born in the middle of summer, but sure, why not?
The only factor that would stop me is if it was pouring with rain or a blizzard, or incredibly windy.
Snow on the ground doent have much to do with the air temperature. You could still have plus degrees with a meter of snow.
The coldest temperatures normally occur when there are no clouds in the sky. Dont know why.
And as long as you dress them correctly, and are shielded from the wind, they will be fine even in minus degrees. Honestly, during last winter, I saw many mothers wheel their babies around in arctic snowy weather. If you wear the right gear it is no problem.
You can find clothing from haglof, Helle Hanson and 66 degrees north that sell good arctic clothing.
I really like the stuff from 66 degrees north as they have a huge infant selection. I have their outdoor sleeping bag for baby, and a full body fleace suit.
https://www.66north.com/shop/c-23-infants.aspx[/QUOTE

I looked at the website and they have some really cute stuff!! I have to say LO does sleep well outside as well so if it was more acceptable here or actually if SS wouldn't come knocking on my door, i would do it as LO has major sleeping issues.. :flower:

Surely letting them sleep so bundled up (even if it is outside)... isn't safe for SIDS? I can't imagine it would be very comfortable either.

Hoy less of the old fart .... I'm sure it's a region thing ....your still older than me...

Honestly, the abuse I get on here. Bloody raging ageism.

See Lauki's post ^^^^ - that's a mangle.

Moo you having a sulk :sulk:

Lauki :hangwashing: You smarty pants:amartass:

You learn something new on here every day:coffee:

But where do people find the wee smilie guy doing the dying fly?

When I was still with my company my medical was about $40/week for LO and I, SO was not covered as we aren't married.

We get reminded by border patrol every time we enter the US that common law isn't recognized there... We have to go through customs separately and it's hard to remember who has what (passports, cash, etc) :nope:
Here it's the opposite, as soon as you have a baby together, it's like you're forced into marriage LOL so depending on how you look at it, it's either a blessing or a detriment.

I regularly did this with Niah in the summer, I could see and hear her in the back garden was confident that she was safe. I definitely believe there are benefits to this and she really did sleep better. Now though, she prefers napping in her cot rather than the pram.

I put Maria to sleep outside when I can. I was told as long as its not colder than -10 then its ok for them to sleep outside. I just put her outside the kitchen window and keep an eye out for bears :rofl: (OH panicked last time that wild animals were going to get her so he had to put the bright lights on outside as it was dark)

And I've left Maria in the pram outside the shop a few times :blush: and we have a mangle in this house! (haven't tried using it though)

When I was still with my company my medical was about $40/week for LO and I, SO was not covered as we aren't married.

We get reminded by border patrol every time we enter the US that common law isn't recognized there... We have to go through customs separately and it's hard to remember who has what (passports, cash, etc) :nope:
Here it's the opposite, as soon as you have a baby together, it's like you're forced into marriage LOL so depending on how you look at it, it's either a blessing or a detriment.

Oh wow no kidding :)

Hahahaha right? I bet Nordic moms are much happier because they have more "alone time" to shop :haha: :haha: My kid is a terror when we go shopping, I'd love for him to fall asleep and park him outside sometimes lol Hmmmmm maybe my next vacation will be to Scandinavia!

Oh i know my LO tends to pick our shopping time for her screaming time. Is alot of fun. Ya, we don't get out much. LOL!! :haha:

Oh i know my LO tends to pick our shopping time for her screaming time. Is alot of fun. Ya, we don't get out much. LOL!! :haha:

Ugghhhh, I know the feeling! :haha:

I know certain things are a SIDS risk but the thick duvets, or dunes as we call them, are not considered dangeous. My baby sleeps with hers every night, and I bring it out to the pram for her walks. As long as you cover them properly and put their arms over the top I cant see how they could suffocate. Also they dont wrap around baby like a thin blanket. They are kind of so thick that you have to dig them under their sides to wrap around them.

https://jysk.dk/4/31/49/553/4404000/a/catalog-sales

They have the thick blankets here too, used them in the hospital when Maria was newborn and got given loads but I don't use them. I just put her in a sleeping bag outside or her snowsuit.

MinkyMoo - I just googled 'Mangle' then went to pictures and clicked on one. Then I clicked on 'Show full size image'. Then you can copy the link for that image.

Then when you type a quick reply, you click on the icon for 'Insert Image' and you copy the URL for the image!

That's all really. I'm not really good at explaining but I hope you understand :haha:.

Back when I had my kids one of the Nordic countries gave each new Mum a bundle of warm clothes, duvets etc to help keep their babies warm outside ... I can't remember which one it was though.

I wonder if that still happens :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"