Baby sleeping outside

I've left LO outside when she's fallen asleep while we were out, her pram is really nice and warm and she is always happier when she has had some fresh air! I don't do it all that often though as I can only see our courtyard/back garden from the kitchen.

I did it when it was warmer - we live next to a police station in a police house so no-one would dare come here because it would be caught on the police stations cctv. I've also done it at my mums as my stepdad is a mechanic and has very high iron gates protecting the house as his garage could get broken into and he could lose his business. Haven't considered doing it in Winter - don't see the harm really. I would either have to be outside with him or by a window though (or if my stepdad was working in his garage then I'd be relaxed about it) but that's just me.

Yeah we did this quite a lot when izzie was smaller would put her by the patio doors and sit on the chair when I could see her in the locked
Back garden. She always slept better. X

They do this at LO's nursery (OFSTED outstanding) - they sleep them outside in silver cross prams all wrapped up. They even do it in snow; in fact the only weather they won't do it in is fog because of the dampness.

I'm all for it - fresh air and no disturbance!

I can't do it cos I'm in a flat.

But if I lived in a house with a back garden and a window where I could always see LO I think it would be great, snow or no snow! I wouldn't be able to go pee or anything til LO was in the house though xx

That's one of the strangest things I've ever seen. It just goes to show how different 'norms' are in other countries!

I do it when I stay at my mums. I put her in the front garden (not fenced off or anything) but it is a quiet street and there are actually a couple of people who do it (a few doors up the lady sometimes puts her baby outside. We can see her out of the living room window

I only do it though if she has fallen asleep while out, and I leave her there. I dont get her to sleep in the house then put her outside.

I think it would be a bit OTT if SSs were to be involved?

when Mia came home from hospital at the end of jan she had a little jaundice and we were told to keep her at the window or even outside if we could as the natural light helps? was 6 years ago im sure thats what was said lol

when Mia came home from hospital at the end of jan she had a little jaundice and we were told to keep her at the window or even outside if we could as the natural light helps? was 6 years ago im sure thats what was said lol

We were told the same with Alex :thumbup:

lol good wee memory I have then, but I was sure that what we had been told x

I was told to put her outside for every nap but not for the first two weeks cos she was born in the winter but we didnt have a garden then so I couldn't :(

lol good wee memory I have then, but I was sure that what we had been told x

We were told that 3 months ago! :flow:

with Ellie she had it but was in NICU so got the wee blue light but one of our 1st "outings" was a walk around he hospital grounds, in ankle high snow lol it was so so cold but Ellie was all wrapped up in her pram xx

Another jaundiced one here who lived in front of the patio doors for her first few days, couldn;t put her outside as it was February and they told me to strip her off to get the light all over her body.

Well it def. isn't common in Canada! but I've done it lol
Not in winter though. That is interesting to see! A lot of my friends are so worried about even rushing their kids out to the car :wacko: As long as they are bundled, they are obv. ok!

Yup I leave LO outside if she falls asleep in the buggy, most people I know do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->