Baby Slings?

littlemansmum

Mum Of 2 Beautiful Boys x
Reaction score
Ladies am after a bit of advice on baby slings from those who have used them, am really keen to be a baby wearer this time, but have no clue on where to start with it all.
I have an o baby carrier which is great for hubby, but i am wanting to use a sling for closeness and also have heard they can be good for breastfeeding when out.

So, can anyone recommend a good sling or point me in the right direction please?
I have been looking around a bit and at the mo my favourite is the infantino sling rider from babies r us, anyone have any experience of this one or something similar?

Any help gratefully received xxx

I want 1 also, ive been told go to mothercare and you can try them on? Whether this is true or not a dont know x

I have an Ellaroo wrap which is great as it's so versatile - you can use it for babies and toddlers.

I've got a moby wrap and its the best baby purchase i've ever made. I got it off the net from sling jaxx and it cost £30 including postage, not sure how much they are now though. Then i watched a few clips on you tube on how to tie it. Its a very long piece of fabric but after you've tied it a couple of times its really easy. When Niamh was tiny i used to put her in the sling and get all my jobs done and it was great as when we went shopping i didn't need to use the lift and i'd have both hands free. In fact Niamh has never been in a pushchair!
My local childrens centre has sling meets where you can chat with other baby wearers and try out different slings. I was told the soft stretchy wraps are best for newborns. If you are going to use a sling its best to start when your baby is first born, i put niamh in the sling at 4 days and have never had any problems with her. A friend of mine tried a sling when her baby was 14 weeks and her little girl screamed and hated it.

I have a moby and i absolutely love it and so does Harry. In fact i love it so much that im not even going to have a pram for #4 im just going to use the moby.
I found a great video on youtube to help with tying it and i was shocked at how easy it was when i saw pics of it it looked so complicated but its actually really simple and after doing it a couple of times it became second nature.
I personally would recommend a moby to everyone xx

I have a PeanutShell sling. I really like it when I'm just trying to do things quickly and dont want to fuss with the stroller..

I can't remember where I got it from I think it was from a link on slingmeet.co.uk I had a ring sling and didn't get on very well with it.

I am making my slings (and several for friends of mine). They are much much cheaper that way and you can pick out your own fabric. They are super easy to make and don't take a good deal of experience or skill with a sewing machine (you can also hand sew them or use a surger). It really is a beginner project. I am using the Maya Wrap pattern. I can make one for about $30 total, whereas they cost $70 or so new. And the $30 includes using very good, very pretty batik material.

I also like the ring slings best for the moms because they are pretty and have the extra material tail to hide nursing.

https://www.mayawrap.com/

instructions: https://www.mayawrap.com/n_sewsling.php

Good place to get rings made for slings: https://www.slingrings.com/

I adore my Moby wrap, its one of my best purchases. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->