"Baby Start Male Fertility Test 2 Tests" Any experience?

lola-rose

scared but hopeful
Reaction score
Hi all :thumbup:,
Me and my OH have been TTC for over a year. We found out about 6 months ago that his younger brother was born without vas deferens, the tube taking sperm from testes to penis. It means his brother wont ever father a child naturally and will need to go down the IVF route when he and his wife are ready for children.
I have had just a handful of periods since coming off the pill but know that i ovulate (temp) and also had a scan and bloods which ruled out any obvious issues with me-no PCOS, normal hormonal levels etc.
I am now however getting worried that my OH may have this condition (read somewhere it can be hereditary) and his doc is going to send him for tests in the new year.
However, I am so impatient and just ordered these tests off Amazon but my OH is sceptical stating that he reckons it won't really work. We will give it a go but also go to doctors to get sperm tests done too. In the meatime though, has anyone used this - you do one test, then repeat 3-7 days later for accuracy.
If so what has been your experience?
Also anyone's OH have this condition?
Sorry for lenthy post.
Lola x

Hi Lola-Rose. I don;t have any experience of this condition but wonder how his brother got it diagnosed? Sorry to be graphic but if your OH can ejaculate then I think I'm right in saying he must have a vans deferens. If its missing surely he wouldn't be able to?

I've not used the tests. Do they measure sperm count? Is your Doctor going to send you for some tests too?

Hi there, thanks for answering.
Without the tube you still ejaculate (semen) but doesn't have sperm inside semen. My OH's brother had an issue over DNA with a past partner (Jeremy Kyle style!) where his ex said the baby was his and when it turned out she wasn't when they had tried for many years, his new partner suggested he get checked. He had his sperm count checked and it was 0 which is rare and so after further tests and i think x-ray or scan (sorry cant recall) this was diagnosed, He had to undergo an op to retrieve sperm from testes for many months to use for when he can start IVF with his current partner. Part of me feels like i cant deal with this stress myself. Sounds awful but i may have not married my OH if he had it and now worried he could : (I'm trying not to show it but how awful as if my OH also has it, you only get 1 IVF attempt free and if that fails we could end up never having our own children. I am getting ahead of myself as he may not even have it and hence need to just do docs tests as more accurate. Just scary as can be hereditary. Luckily they are just bro's, not twins (doc said would be very likely to also have it if twins)
These tests i got from Amazon turn a dark blue, darker blue than control line (sounds like OPKS!) if sperm count over 20million which is normal and very light blue if under which can indicate infertility.
I guess i'll do these and do docs tests too.

Hi- I answered a thread about these tests a week or so ago. Just found it for you here...

https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...have-experience-male-home-fertility-kits.html

One of the kits I am talking about as the last poster on this thread was the one you are talking about.

Hope it all works out for you xxx

Please do not play around with at home kits I would stringly advise with family history like your own to see someone with experience in this field as soon as possible! This way you have the benefit of experience and advice! We tried them and they can drive you crazy with poor results, then 50/50, then full on positive waste of money! fx for you both!

Good luck & :dust:

:hug:

Please do not play around with at home kits I would stringly advise with family history like your own to see someone with experience in this field as soon as possible! This way you have the benefit of experience and advice! We tried them and they can drive you crazy with poor results, then 50/50, then full on positive waste of money! fx for you both!

Good luck & :dust:

:hug:

Thank you Bubleby, you are right. We will not bother with the kits and go straight to docs for their tests which they said we can have in new year anyway, I'm just impatient and want answers immediately! This stuff is just so emotionally draining. I feel so stressed about it all.

Thanks everyone for all your advice x

We have that diagnosis. And Azoospermia -maybe not total as sometimes we manage to get pregnant but it doesn't hold so they're suspecting one vas only- so we've tried the home tests. All of them. No real joy in getting results, it's been mixed indeed, sometimes we've gotten okays on these and we were happy only to follow them with lab tests with 0 sperm found results.

Good luck and keep us posted.

My husband tried this test last Wednesday and it came up negative. Hoping it is wrong, going for test at Doctors next week. We have 2 kids already, have been ttc 3rd for 15 months and just wanted to check. i'll let you know when we get the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->