Baby still 4/5th's engaged :-(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Pixie, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Pixie

Pixie Well-Known Member

My little boy has been 4/5ths engaged for the past 4 weeks, I lost a lot of my plug yesterday and lots of pains so when I went to the midwife today was looking forward to good news ... but baby is no further engaged, I really thought he was on his way but doesn't look like it!! When I asked her if she thought I would go overdue she said more than likely :hissy:

2. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Aw hun :hugs:. Some babies dont even begin to engage untill actual labor has started! I wouldn't worry too much about it, it can happen anytime and baby will come when its ready x

3. staceymy

staceymy Mummy To Two Princesses

Aww hun. My daughter was 4/5ths engaged from 34wks. I went for my 38wk MW appt & was already in early labour contracting every 10mins & she had moved to 3/5ths... i had my little girl later that day!

It doesnt mean you will go overdue. Keep boucing on your ball to encourage him to move down.
    Good luck.

4. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I'm still 4/5ths too but i'm told not to worry as it doesnt mean that labour wont start, good luck hun xx

5. Kayleigh09

Kayleigh09 Well-Known Member

Yeh, what the other ladies said really hun, the first two or three good strong contractions will pull the baby down and the head will engage then :) x

6. sapphire20

sapphire20 Olivia & Alex <3

Im only 4/5 ats the moment aswell....Midwife said she couldnt tell me if im going to be overdue or not! She said baby could come in 2 hours or 2 weeks! x

7. Pixie

Pixie Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone :hugs:- midwife upset me a bit, I don't think they think about what they are saying sometimes before they say it. I am still loosing more of my plug so am looking on the bright side that things are moving along!! Off for a bounce on my birth ball now!!

8. kaykay

kaykay Well-Known Member

I wouldnt worry, Im 4/5 ths too..x