Baby still 4/5th's engaged :-(

Pixie

Reaction score
My little boy has been 4/5ths engaged for the past 4 weeks, I lost a lot of my plug yesterday and lots of pains so when I went to the midwife today was looking forward to good news ... but baby is no further engaged, I really thought he was on his way but doesn't look like it!! When I asked her if she thought I would go overdue she said more than likely :hissy:

Aw hun :hugs:. Some babies dont even begin to engage untill actual labor has started! I wouldn't worry too much about it, it can happen anytime and baby will come when its ready x

Aww hun. My daughter was 4/5ths engaged from 34wks. I went for my 38wk MW appt & was already in early labour contracting every 10mins & she had moved to 3/5ths... i had my little girl later that day!

It doesnt mean you will go overdue. Keep boucing on your ball to encourage him to move down.
Good luck.

I'm still 4/5ths too but i'm told not to worry as it doesnt mean that labour wont start, good luck hun xx

Yeh, what the other ladies said really hun, the first two or three good strong contractions will pull the baby down and the head will engage then :) x

Im only 4/5 ats the moment aswell....Midwife said she couldnt tell me if im going to be overdue or not! She said baby could come in 2 hours or 2 weeks! x

Thanks everyone :hugs:- midwife upset me a bit, I don't think they think about what they are saying sometimes before they say it. I am still loosing more of my plug so am looking on the bright side that things are moving along!! Off for a bounce on my birth ball now!!

I wouldnt worry, Im 4/5 ths too..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"