Baby suddenly hates her cot-help!

Panster

Reaction score
So we have a 7 and a half month old who has always slept in her own moses basket or cot. However over the past few nights she wakes as soon as her back touches the cot and screams until we lift her out. We then have to get her back to sleep and the same happens. Last night was awful with her simply refusing the cot.

We've tried tilting the cot, blankets, hot water bottle and my clothing in beside her but to no avail.

Really can't face another night like last night! Does anyone have any tips or advice?

X

My LO went through the same about a month back, we put him in his cot put his bedtime teddy music on (5mins) sit with him till it finishes put it on for another 5 mins then leave, however as soon as we got up to go he would scream the house down. We thort it was he didn't like his cot anymore but we realised it was us leaving that he didn't like (separation anxiety) so we stayed till he fell sleep for a few nights and now we stay for 10 mins until he's sleepy and he normally doesn't notice us leaving.

So it could be a form of separation anxiety or it could be that the movement is waking her. Have you tried getting her to sleep in the cot? Sit with her holding her hands shushing her?

Other than that I've got no advice really, hope it doesn't last too long for your LO though.

Thank you! I think it is separation anxiety as she is a very clingy baby generally. I have just sat with her for over 2 hours with her in the cot. She's not crying but is still wide awake! Hope this phase passes quickly. Sooo tirred!

Our LO was the same, around 7.5 months I have up and started co sleeping in my bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"