Baby Swim Suits/Costumes

Red Rose

Reaction score
Taking LO swimming at the weekend & not sure what to buy to put her in. Someone said normal swimming costume but I've been recommended a baby wrap (https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Two-Bare...29191431?pt=Baby_Clothing&hash=item2a026af907) as was told its difficult getting a wet costume off a baby. Also there are the suits. So confused! What do you use?

They look good, Ive also seen what looks like a mini wetsuit in Mothercare at the weekend. They have a wide range of swimming cossies all v cute but I can see it being a nightmare getting LO in and out of them, esp when wet, they dont exactly have poppers or fasteners on them, so yes that idea looks great, I'll probably get one of these too as they keep LO really warm and insulated by the looks of it. We plan to go soon :)

When I used to take Mason when he was really little I just put him in little swimmers as did all the other parents there. I guess maybe with a girl you would want a little top or something? but all the girls there were just in little swimmers

I've just bought something similar to what you've posted, we haven't been swimming with it yet but it looks really easy to put on, although it does look a little on the small side so I'm glad we got a bigger size

I use oone of these for swimming and their great so easy to get on and off :thumbup:

We use a Spash About Baby Snug: https://www.google.co.uk/products?q...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDwQrQQwAA

Keeps her lovely and warm in the pool x

I use the exact one you have posted the link for and it is fabulous. You wrap the middle bit over and it velcros together, then velcro between the legs and two over the shoulders. On and off in a jiffy and keeps LO lovely and warm. I agree about sizing though. Madeline has a 6-12 month one but it is getting very snug already. Going to get have to get a bigger one sooner rather than later.

Thank you everyone x

Went for the pink wrap. :thumbup:

We, like Mrsraggle, use the splash about baby snug too - easy to get on and off and keeps them warm (local pools are pretty cold for little ones), would definitely recommend them. We do also have the baby wrap like in your opening post, but it's still really big on my son - who is nearly 6 months )he was 13lb 6.5 oz at last weigh in though, so he's fairly little)! We bought it for when we first took him (at 4 weeks old) but it was stupidly big. Thankfully we bought the snug too!!

They aren't necessary, but I wouldn't take my son into a normal pool now without one as I just think it's too cold for them.

i use a babywarma , got it off amazon and its fab! keeps LO warm in the water. i put wee smimming shorts on him too underneath the warma but thats more just because i dont want them to go to waste lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->