Baby Swim Suits

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
Hi

We're quite keen to take double-trouble swimming soon. DH starts his Wednesdays off work and we'd like to take them then. The only problem is finding swimsuits for them. I've seen some for their age group, but they're £25 each! :shock:

Anyone suggest somewhere better?

Ta

Helen

xx

adams do them! and next :D thts where i got my 2's(tho i dont take them granny and grandad do) also tesco an asda too :D

You use reusables??? Then if you have a wrap with leg gussets on then just put one of them on. As long as the poo is caught thats all they ask for

You use reusables??? Then if you have a wrap with leg gussets on then just put one of them on. As long as the poo is caught thats all they ask for
Yeah they have leg gussets on. You wouldn't send them in wearing reusables though?! :shock: Poor buggers'll drown! :rofl:

Won't they be a bit chilly in just a wrap though?

Alex has only ever been in swimming in a reusable swim nappy, same as Ella :)

https://www.littleswimmers.com/na/index.asp?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=1881524&iq_id=1881524

The link above is for Huggies Little Swimmers..not sure if they have 'em that small though.

https://www.thetrendybebe.com/baby-bathing-suits.aspx This website has everything under the sun and it's SOOOOOOO Cute!

for tiny babies i would only get the wrap swim suits they are pricy though but i think the water is to cold for tiny babies, the wraps keeps their body temperature
https://www.boohoobaby.co.uk/prod_show.asp?id=128

Mothercare with built in nappies - £9.99

xxx

Me don't want to sit in that pool Beanie :shock: lol :lol:

x

the normal swin nappies from huggies dont hold wee either though.
i put on on Harley as we were walking into the pool he wee'd straight through it lol
its only to hold pooh

I have this for Thomas, and I paid full price :hissy:

https://adams.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/4522.html

I can't seem to find any disposal's smaller than 15lbs and as Dionne said they do only keep the poo in anyway.

Cx

MrsE that looks well cute, good price too

so no one on here wee's in the swimming baths:blush:

I love this too:-

https://adams.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/4544.html

Might have to take a trip to Adams tomorrow :blush:

Cx

Doesn't it just absorb water though and get tremendously heavy?

no i use a really thin pocket nappy with a waterproof outside *its a bumwear pocket) ive also got a wetsuit type thing from mothercare that got given to me... i dunno how much it cost

Found this:-

Babies can be taken swimming at any age as it provides a fantastic way of getting them used to water and building up their muscles. It can be great fun for parents and baby, providing you are not having to worry about 'accidents' in the pool.

Most swimming pools require babies to wear some form of nappy protection (meaning regular swimwear is of no use), however regular nappies would simply absorb water and weigh your baby down - this is where swim nappies come in.

There are two types of swim nappies available, disposable and washable. Disposable nappies either contain a waterproof layer which prevents water entering and exiting the nappy or have a mesh layer that lets water but not solids pass through. Reusable nappies tend to be made of stretchy swimwear material that lets water but not solids through and can be cost efficient if you take your baby swimming often.

Key features to consider when looking for a disposable swim nappy:

• Tear away sides for easy removal

• Highly absorbent material

• Swim leakage protection

• Different sizes

• Different bright colours

Key features to consider when looking for a reusable washable swim nappy:
  • Leak protection

• Comfortable and light to wear

• Range of attractive and bright colours

• A range of different sizes

• Unisex pants

• Adjustable waist draw-string

• Waterproof polyester outer, cotton blend internal lining

• Machine washable so quick and easy to clean up after an accident

• Chlorine Resistant Fabric, which provides UPF50+ and blocks 95% of the sun's UV radiation giving excellent protection.
Whether you choose to use disposable or reusable nappies it is important to check that they fit snugly, yet not tightly around your baby's legs and waist to prevent anything escaping. It is also important to check the size and weight they were intended for. Additionally, swim nappies with tear away sides or those that fasten with poppers make it easier to change your baby than those which pull up or down.

By choosing well fitted swim nappies for your baby you can make sure that you both have fun in the pool.

Helen! Have a look in Adams (if there is one near you). I bought Ella a all in one with arms and legs today for hols, it was reduced from £11 to £3. Also got Alex a t-shirt and nappy swim set reduced to a fiver :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->