Baby that headbutts his cot....Advice please. x

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
Ugh im not sure what to do with Eli anymore. From when he could get onto his tummy and on all fours himself he has been rocking backwards and forwards. As he has gotten older he started headbutting his cot( he would be on all fours doing this) He would end up with massive bruises on his forehead so we ended up padding the cot all the way around.:wacko: That has gone now to sitting up and banging his back agains the sides of the cot,he has already broken some of the bars. He is now 18 months old and still doing it constantly,everytime he goes to bed. His cot is against the wall on one side of the room and in the morning its moved across the room to the otherside.:wacko: I have no idea how im going to get him to stop doing this,as his cot is going to be completely broken soon so he will have to go into a bed...How am I going to stop himself from doing this when he is in his bed....last thing I want is for him to sit up rock backwards and fall and hurt himself.:shrug: The HV said that he would grow out of it but im not so sure. Any ideas girls,I really dont know what to do?:cry:

bella does this too. she doesn't even wake from heatbutting the cot anymore - strange girl. does he have a cot bumper? i think we're going to get one for bella to try & save her little head. though we'll actually need one on each side as she doesn't stay still in bed.

sorry...just seen you do have cot bumpers!

xx

Same, Leo doesnt wake when he headbutts the cot...

He actually woke from a nap today with a dent in his head where he had been lying so bunched up at one end...It doesnt seem to bother him though...

Id get him into a toddler bed :thumbup: IF he did try to do it and fall out he would realise and wouldnt do it again. Its probably just a bad habit for him now xxx

I don't have any advice. It's 10:30pm and I can hear my son thumping around as I type.

My DH read somewhere (something like 10 things babies do to freak you out) that babies headbutts things to get a high from the dizziness.

My son is 10 months and thrashes his feet and legs around like crazy! He pounds on that crib until he's sound asleep...so odd!

I also read that it's a comfort thing for some babies...doesn't sound very comforting to me! Haha.

Oh god I feel so sorry for you :haha: my four year old done this as a baby and no it didnt get better till he was around 36mnths and now he is loopy do larly lol, if yours ends up like mine you will constantly be amused :)

Hollie has started doing this and we are now considering moving her into her travel cot because all the sides are completely padded and there are no bars to hit, i think it will be a lot safer for her.

if you dont want to do a bed just yet , we did a matress on the floor and put a gate up in the door way, that way you dont have to close the door, and he cant move around the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->