Baby toys

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Elyse is 5 weeks old, I'm sooo anxious to play with toys.. we play little games like peek-a-boo sorta and I blow raspberries on her tummy and give her eskimo kisses, I read to her, we watch Elmo on TV, I sing and dance with her.. but when can the toys start up? LOL..

If anyone can give me a rundown of what they play with at various ages.. :)

ie: right now she goes into her bouncy chair and stares at the toys on the toy bar (before falling asleep shortly after) and she stares at the toy bar when I put her on her playmat.

I know she can't get into her Exersaucer for awhile.. I have the 1-2-3 Tea For Me?

AND if you have links to online pages for your baby's favourite toys.. I'll love you forever!!

:) Thanks !!

that age is a hard one because they don't really do much. Hannah didn't start batting at toys until around 2.5-3 months I'd say. She started holding small rattles around 3 months I'd say but it wasn't until 4 months that she really played. Her exersaucer has been a great toy for us (I'd send you a link but it's at least 6 years old--got it from MIL who has a 6 year old daughter). Hannah LOVED it though from 4-7ish months.

Small rattles have been good, she liked those early on and still plays with them, small stuffed animals, anything really that she can touch and feel.

At a month or two you can put her on her back on a playmat with dangling toys. She might now "play" with them, but they have stimulating colors, and mine has an aqaurium/music thing...

Jasmine liked her boucy chair too at that age...

And I also played lots of baby einstein music cds...

At about 3-4 months they can start going in their exersaucer iff they are strong ehough, I put jasmine in her jolly jumper too.

I really dont actually have alot of toys... She likes playing with me, likes to be read to still, and still likes her playmat.

I put Helena in that same exersaucer close to 4 months, maybe a bit younger with a pillow underneath (which you aren't supposed to do! :rofl:)

Helena likes to play with small stuffies, usually the tags on them :rofl: so a tag blanket would probably be a good thing to invest in! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->