Baby toys

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by tasha41, Apr 21, 2009.

1. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Elyse is 5 weeks old, I'm sooo anxious to play with toys.. we play little games like peek-a-boo sorta and I blow raspberries on her tummy and give her eskimo kisses, I read to her, we watch Elmo on TV, I sing and dance with her.. but when can the toys start up? LOL..

If anyone can give me a rundown of what they play with at various ages.. :)

ie: right now she goes into her bouncy chair and stares at the toys on the toy bar (before falling asleep shortly after) and she stares at the toy bar when I put her on her playmat.

I know she can't get into her Exersaucer for awhile.. I have the 1-2-3 Tea For Me?

AND if you have links to online pages for your baby's favourite toys.. I'll love you forever!!

:) Thanks !!

2. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

that age is a hard one because they don't really do much. Hannah didn't start batting at toys until around 2.5-3 months I'd say. She started holding small rattles around 3 months I'd say but it wasn't until 4 months that she really played. Her exersaucer has been a great toy for us (I'd send you a link but it's at least 6 years old--got it from MIL who has a 6 year old daughter). Hannah LOVED it though from 4-7ish months.

Small rattles have been good, she liked those early on and still plays with them, small stuffed animals, anything really that she can touch and feel.

3. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

At a month or two you can put her on her back on a playmat with dangling toys. She might now "play" with them, but they have stimulating colors, and mine has an aqaurium/music thing...

Jasmine liked her boucy chair too at that age...

And I also played lots of baby einstein music cds...

At about 3-4 months they can start going in their exersaucer iff they are strong ehough, I put jasmine in her jolly jumper too.

I really dont actually have alot of toys... She likes playing with me, likes to be read to still, and still likes her playmat.

4. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

I put Helena in that same exersaucer close to 4 months, maybe a bit younger with a pillow underneath (which you aren't supposed to do! :rofl:)

Helena likes to play with small stuffies, usually the tags on them :rofl: so a tag blanket would probably be a good thing to invest in! :)