Baby Toys

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by nessajane, Oct 20, 2008.

1. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

:hi: Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if you could help me with what kind of baby toys i could buy for my LO when he's born as i havnt bought anything yet??
    I was going to buy a playmat but am thinking ill wait untill a few months before buying one of them.... so anything anyone can reccomend?

Thanks xx

2. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

The only thing Chloe plays with at the moment is her playmat. She has a book with a mirror in it and rattles. She's not really interested in playing yet- she watches me play!

3. Becky

Becky Jacobs Mummy

I have bought one of those comfort blanket toys where it has a head and the body is a small blanket (if you understand what i mean)

a soft toy elephant and a playmat. Im not going to buy anything else my family are getting his bits for christmas such as pram toys etc.

x

4. glamgirl

glamgirl Mum of a beautiful Son

i think you will need a playmat deffo, bumbo seat, some teethers, vertbaudet shoes (which my LO loves) and a comforter toy.

just anything colourful really... x

5. Jayden'sMummy

Jayden'sMummy Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx

when your baby is newborn your baby won't be as interested in 'toys' more interested in objects such as your face etc.. they've got short attention spans and like to explore new things and have no interest in toys until there at least 2/3 months so i say a few teddies or things that make noises + a bouncer/baby mat will do until then xx

6. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

i think ill wait till LO is able to appreciate toys then :D
    Thanks girls xx

7. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

Might be an idea to buy them before because when they're here it's harder to find the money :dohh:

8. Abbys_Mummy

Abbys_Mummy Well-Known Member

things with bright colours but prob wont be interested till LO is a bit older

9. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

would definately recommend a playmat, maddi loves hers, and she loves her mobiles for the cot. the bumbo is great, but she has only started 'playing' with things in the last month of so. would definately the jumperoo :) x x x x

10. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

Charlie got this leapfrog square thing with diffrent colors that talks and sings he loves that and he also got a leapfrog elephant that sings, at first he probably wont be intersted, charlies only just coming round to like toys now, id also suggest anything he can hold.