Baby very hot in Moby style wrap

purplepower

1st time Mummy
Reaction score
I have a Moby style wrap that I bought off ebay. It's a stretch jersey material. It is quite a warm day today and my LO was really hot inside the wrap and he was only wearing a vest. Is this normal for these style wraps? I really want to be able to wear him, I also have a pouch style bag but he ends to use this with OH and a Mothercare rucksack style one but we will use that when he is older.

My LO is just in a nappy today - I think that he would be too hot in a wrap or even a carry rucksack styleee xx

He is in just his nappy at home but we went out and I thought he may be better with the wrap than the pram.

I had my LO in his Ergo earlier in just his vest and he was quite hot too. It's ok for walking in the shade but I think we'll be using the pram for hot walks until he's a bit older and better with the heat.

I have a light material and light colour one for hotter days and daisy has been in nappy and vest - and i had a thin vest top on to try an keep my temp dowm

I would really advise against the pouch style, google "bag slings recall" for more info.

Many women find that a ring sling works best for hot weather or even a mei tai.

I would really advise against the pouch style, google "bag slings recall" for more info.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't think mei teis were good for newborns?

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't think mei teis were good for newborns?

They are fine for newborns, it's just that most prefer a wrap. If you search google images for newborn and mei tai, you'll find lots of newborn pics :)

I had the same issue today with my Moby, if I don't wear my wrap I have to hold LO over my shoulder with one hand and run around afyer my toddler with the other as he doesn't want to be put down. Even in just a nappy he was hot. In the end I put him in the baby bjorn as at least his legs were free. I have a mei tai but his legs seem too long to be in frog position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->