Baby very sick (vomit) :(

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Barefoot baby, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Barefoot baby

Barefoot baby Well-Known Member

Hi, my baby is 24+ weeks and I've been giving him a few tastes of various fruits and veg.

This morning gave him a little bit of papaya as the weaning book I have (annabel karmel) said it can be given without cooking and good first food.

He ate it fine but about 3 hours later he starts to get really grouchy and then vomits everywhere!!!! :( I rushed him home as we were both soaking get us changed and he's sick everywhere again!

He's now asleep lying on me.

Does this sound like a reaction to the papaya?

Also he's breastfed.

Thanks x

2. RainbowGift

RainbowGift mother of infant twins

Well, my son ate a lot of kiwi fruit last night and then threw it all up (three times to get it all out, it was terrible). He had kiwi before with no reaction, but I think he ate too much and didn't have enough other foods in there to balance out the acid? He threw up less than 1/2 an hour after eating it, so if yours took three hours... I don't know. I know that my son was getting the kiwi out of his tummy. Yours taking three hours makes me wonder....

Hope this helps, I didn't want you to have zero responses.:flower:

3. Barefoot baby

Barefoot baby Well-Known Member

Hmm 3 hours did seem like a long time but he's never been sick like that before and never had papaya before. X

4. gumb69

gumb69 No.3 on its way

I think the first time i gave my lo Papaya few hours later at bed time she was very bad at night time, crying in her cot, i thought it was hurting her belly, since then i have tried it again and she's ok.

Maybe it was a reaction, was it ripe enough, xx
    hope your lo is ok x