Baby wearing in the winter

KatieKoopa

Mama of 1, Pregs with 2!
Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I have an Ergo carrier and love it. LO is super comfy in it and so am I. Any tips for how to keep both of us warm in the winter? I live in Canada where it routinely drops below 0C. Any tips would be appreciated!

A babywearing coat or a poncho could come in handy. Baby leg warmers are also really useful. You can buy them, or do what I do and make them out of socks. There are lots of tutorials online, this one is quite clear. Congratulations by the way!

I live in a place that basically has no winter but since baby is due in January I've been wondering the same! I know he will be warmer in a sling next to momma than in a stroller but I still worry about taking him for walks (we walk quite a bit) and making sure he is warm enough.

You may want to look at buying an "M Coat" which goes down to -25C (fine depending on where you are).
https://themcoat.com/

I used my OH's extra large and just left his head popped out. Mind you this was Vancouver. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage babywearing this winter back east with a toddler the size of a 3 year old :wacko:

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 9
I have a baby wearing coat, they're very common here in Japan where baby wearing is the norm and has been for years- it was actually my winter maternity coat and it came with an extra piece which can be zipped in either the front or back and folded down as much as needed.

It's only just starting to get cold here but I've worn it once with the ergo and it was great- kept us both really warm.

Here there are also lots of options for mini sleeping bag things which attach to both strollers and carriers, does anyone sell them where you are? Amazon Japan and all the baby shops carry them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->