Baby Wipes etc

mellllly

Mummy to 3 under 4!
Reaction score
Me again!

When is a good time to start using Baby Wipes?
I used Cotton Wool and water for the first week.
I have been using the Johnsons Fragrance Free ones for the lst few days. Is this ok?

ALso when can I start using Baby Bath and products like that?
Sophie has some dry skin at the moment, the midwife suggested olive oil? However I do not have any and can't get out for a little while

What do you think?
Help is much appreciated! x

I've used baby wipes on my babies since day 1.

ive been using baby wipes since i left hospital, and the same with baby bath etc :)

i used water and cotton wool for a week and was too much hassle but she had no problem with the wipes, its easier aswell.

i used baby wipes and bath stuff on zane from the first week and he has gorf=geous skin.

olive oil is best for dry skin as sometimes bath products can dry the skin. do u have any other cooking oil around the house? that will work till u can get out

I'vew used wipesw and baby bath etc since Molly was out of hospital

We've been using eco-friendly wipes since Jack was a few days old, much easier than cotton wool, though we still use that on really pooy bums as it soaks more of it up before moving on to a wipe to get him thoroughly cleaned up. We don't use a bath cream or anything, just shampoo on his ample hair!

Jack was born at 42+2 so has very dry skin, common in post-dates babies. We use olive oil on that and it is starting to settle now.

I've used wipes since birth. I use pampers sensitive, had no issues.

I switched to baby wipes after a few days, and had no problems.

For the bath, I just used to put a few drops of Johnsons baby oil into the water to start with, as Imogen had dry skin too.

i've used wipes as soon as i got home from hospital with both children - except those odd ocassions where i find myself with no wipes and a bum needing changed in which case i resort to cotton wool and water, wipes are just far handier though.

has anyone tried using the cloth wipes? are they any good? i imagine they would be not as fiddly as cotton wool but not as convienient as wipes.

has anyone tried using the cloth wipes? are they any good? i imagine they would be not as fiddly as cotton wool but not as convienient as wipes.

Not yet, but intend to switch at some point. I don't know if we'll be able to now that we've got used to disposables though :rofl: We do use degradable wipes though, so my conscience is relatively clear!

Thanks Ladies, I mght put a couple of drops of baby oil in her bath tonight, should be able to pick up some olive oil tomorrow as I will have the car.

I was going to take a walk to the shop but the pram is in the car - typical LOL

We have used baby wash since Alyssa was a day old; the MW who helped us give her her first bath used Johnson's top-to-toe wash, and that is all we use now. We also used olive oil for the first couple of weeks, as Alyssa had lots of dry skin. We then switched to using baby oil gel, as I didn't like the smell of the olive oil.

As for wipes, we only use them when we're out, or if she has a VERY poopy nappy to clean it initally - the rest of the time, we now use cloth wipes we made, with warm water. We started off using cotton wool and water, but hated how fiddly it was and how the fibres stuck to her bottom.

We made flannelette squares out of a couple of sheets/receiving blankets by cutting them into pieces. No need to hem them, and 2 moses basket/bassinette sized sheets gave us about 30 cloths. We use 2 each diaper change; 1 rinsed in warm water to clean Alyssa, the other to dry her. The one we use to dry her clean bottom then becomes the one her bottom gets washed with at the next nappy change. We found this works WAY better than cotton wool or cotton balls for us, which left bits behind, and this is a cheaper option and a "green" option, too, and means we don't have to use wipes. We do use wipes first on very poopy nappies though!

Amelia had nothing but water on her skin until she was 6weeks old.

If your LO has dry skin then don't use any products and bathing everyday is not advisable, probably best to bathe maybe once or twice a week.

Each to their own some use wipes and products immediately and others don't.

:)

I used both wipes and baby bath on charlie from being a few days old x

archie was without water in the womb for(they dont exactly know how long) ages and when he was born he was really dry it lasted about 6 weeks all i used on him was johnsons baby naturals moisturiser and plain water in his bath..i onkly use wipes on relly poopy nappies the rest of the time i use a wet and dry flannel i even take a wet flannel out with me in a freezer bag in case i get stuck out
all my babies have had very sensitive skin and wipes give them a sore bum

i only use baby wipes when im out and the only product i use is cradle cap shampoo

I used cotton balls and baby lotion for the first 2 and a half months. And started using baby wipes.

I have always used baby bath, and talc since day one. :)

i used baby wipes as soon as we left special care and we have used baby bath, talc since she was born. also amy gets a bit of dry skin sometimes so we just rub some baby oil into her skin xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->