Baby Wipes.

K

katekatekate

Am I right in thinking you cant bring baby wipes to the hospital?

Some hospitals encourage cotton wool and water, i did bring wipes and got told off by the MW:growlmad:

V xxx

im taking both wipes and cotton wool so i can use whatever the hospital tell me too. I think im gunna use cotton wool for the 1st week then switch to the "pure as water" type wipes x

I'm taking cotton wool and wipes I've read that the meconium is hard to clean off so might use wipes just for that.

check with ur hospital. they do use cotton wool and water at the hospitals, but at the end of the day its ur baby... im using wipes. i find cotton wool to fidly.

I'm taking both just incase hospital don't allow wipes xx

I can't touch cotton wool!! Makes me want to spew feeling it... what can you use instead?

I'm also taking both jus incase the hospital or midwife dont allow or wish me to use wipes xxx

I had no idea hospitals don't allow wipes :shock: I'm not using them for a few weeks until baby's skin is a little more used to baby products, however I object to being dictated to like that. I would like to have the freedom to use wipes if I wanted to. xx

Midwife/hospital won't allow you to use wipes?! Good thing they've been growing your kid for nine months and have the raising of it... oh, no wait...

Just jumped over from 2nd trimester.

My SIL had her baby in March and she took baby wipes with her which she used. Even the hospital nurses who helped her change her baby's nappies used them...I don't know, maybe it varies with each hospital.

What's wrong with baby wipes anyway? :shrug:

When I was in hospital, they encouraged me to use cotton wool because as they say, it's better for baby's skin...they even provided bags of it and gave me bags to take home with me, but after a week or 2 I just used baby wipes. Aiden's never had nappy rash or a sore bum or anything :shrug: I suppose every baby and every hospital is different though.

I can't touch cotton wool!! Makes me want to spew feeling it... what can you use instead?

you can get cotton wool pads which dont feel like cotton wool , they are for like taking makeup off and stuff

i'll be taking wipes and if the mw's stir up about it i'll say they are for when DS comes to visit lol

FYI a tip for the meconium, put vaseline on the babys bottom, it helps to get it off the skin without having to scrub too hard. Just some advice a friend of mine gave me.

No mine dont allow wipes as recommended u dont use anything other than cotton wool and water for first few weeks.

i know they tell you to use cotton wool but when i was in hospital, the midwife changed him for the first time as i didnt know how and even she used wipes. hes fine, using cotton wool every time is way way too difficult!

i will deffo be brining fragrance free baby wipes, i always brought cotton wool but found out on my last liitle girl that when baby does its first poo cotton wool is as helpfull as a glass hammar :) trust me girls have some baby wipes to hand cause u will need them. tmi but that stuff gets everywhere and is impossibleto get off with cotton wool. hth :):)

Isn't it crazy but this is a seriously useful thread!

I'm taking both (just so I don't get into trouble!) but a couple of friends (especially those who've had 2 children) all used cotton wool for the 1st couple of weeks for baby 1 but for baby 2 they only used wipes!

I think you have to buy sensitive ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->