Baby Wipes.

I cant touch cotton wool, i just cant! And they can bugger off telling me what I can and cant use on MY child, i have loads of organic almost water wipes and will be using those!

Wow....."not allowed"...I can't imagine taking that sort of dictating seriously.

Just use them when they aren't there. There are some pretty weird policies that are put in place. What do they expect you to use?

I read somewhere that they dont recommend you use wipes on the baby for the first 10 days. I was planning on cotton wool and water although i have bought a couple of different types of wipes to see which one suits baby and my skin better ( i have eczema so i want to make sure i am not sensitive to any of the ingredients ). My theory however is that if you have not got it either the hospital can provide it or husband can fetch it :)

Not allowed? And get into trouble? Please! :huh:

It's my baby, and I'll do what I want. :muaha: FWIW, I work on a neonatal unit, and yes we use cotton wool and water, particularly on the premature babies because their skin is thinner. But for a term baby, if the mum supplies the wipes, they'll be used. Hopefully, my baby will be term, and I find wipes a lot easier to deal with, so that's what I'll be bringing and using. And if a midwife has a go at me for using wipes, then that's her problem - I know the theory behind using water/cotton wool vs wipes, and I've made an informed decision.

they cant stop you from using wipes, and you dont have to do it when they are not looking - it is your choice to use wipes even if they recommend cotton wool just as it your choice to bottle feed even though they recommend breast

Just as a tip: I was told vaseline is just about the only thing that gets the meconium off!

i have always taken wipes and you get a free pack in hospital, i have never known anyone to get told off before reading this thread!! i say your baby your choice hun xxx

Just use them when they aren't there. There are some pretty weird policies that are put in place. What do they expect you to use?

um... cotton wool and water. :lol: :winkwink:

the hospital provided all of the mothers with cotton wool but imo the cotton wool and water was rubbish for cleaning my son's bottom especially when the meconium came in, so i brought in my own johnsons baby wipes and the midwife moaned, but at the end of the day its what suited me so i still used them and they worked a treat xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->