Baby wipes

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Sazaroo, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Sazaroo

Sazaroo Well-Known Member

Hi ladies!
    My LO is 4 weeks and 3 days old. We are still using water and cotton wool when we do her nappy as I know their skin is v sensitive at this age.
    I was just wondering when you think it's ok to use wipes. I have literally 50 packs from my baby shower in a big pile lol! They're also obviously a lot easier to use when out and about.

Thank u! Xx

2. staceyg

staceyg Well-Known Member

i used baby wipes from day one my lo never had a problem with them :)

3. Mummy2Asher

Mummy2Asher mummy to 2 boys!

I use them from 3months but only when changing him out. I just find it easier and nicer for him to use warm cotton pads instead of cold wipes. X

4. lillybells

lillybells Well-Known Member

I have always used then I find Johnsons baby wipes the best x

5. littleD

littleD Well-Known Member

I was told by scbu to wait till he was 8 weeks but ive been using them since he was 6 weeks and he was fine and he seemed to prefer them, he wasnt keen on getting wiped with water 8 times a day

6. Beadette

Beadette I'm a blummin' Mumma!!!

My LO has been absolutely fine with either huggies pure or pampers sensitive wipes - i've used them since 2 weeks after coming home from hospital (so he was 4 weeks). I once used some johnson's wipes - they were free in the bounty bag and he got a really sore botty so they were too harsh for him.

7. Tor

Tor Mummy of 2

I started using them from around 7 weeks I think, fairly recently anyway.

8. SaraAbi

SaraAbi Mum to Abi

We've used them since Abi was about 2 weeks and we've had no problems we've always used sensitive/fragrance free such as huggies pure or sainsbury own as she gets eczema but wipes have never made it worse.

9. Luvmysunshine

Luvmysunshine Well-Known Member

I've used pampers sensitive from the beginning. Never had a problem with them. They used wipes in the hospital nursery. So I figured he was fine with them.

10. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

I've used a variety of types and have definitely settled on pampers sensitive as being the best for my kids. I also used wipes from the first day.

However, what you are doing IS the best for them and always will be. If I were a SAHM and could keep up with the laundry, I would use cotton and water for wipes.

But I think you are fine to switch any time you'd like. You can always go back to cotton and water if LO's skin becomes irritated.

11. Rósa

Rósa Well-Known Member

Used them fro the day she was born, infact the midwifes used them as well as they changed her the first night as I had a c-section. Plus cotton wool is evil and I can't touch it lol

12. Kimmy25

Kimmy25 Well-Known Member

ive used huggies pure from day1 no one said not to? x

13. Foogirl

Foogirl Baby Abby 11 weeks early

We used wipes from when Abby came home at 6 weeks old. Cotton wool and water was such a faff in hospital!

Although recently talking to a new mum, she was given the warning by SCBU "remember, they strip paint....." :winkwink:

They are fabulous stain removers!

14. Sazaroo

Sazaroo Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies! I think I'll continue with the cotton wool & water whilst im at home and then use wipes when out and about :)
    Thank u! xx

15. Tadan

Tadan Well-Known Member

I still use cotton wool & water and Daisy is 10 weeks old. I much prefer it to the wipes but once we've used up this bag of cotton wool we're going onto wipes just for the convenience of it really.

16. Lauren25

Lauren25 Well-Known Member

Ive used wipes from day 1, lots of different brands and had no problems with any of them!

17. kate.m.

kate.m. Mummy to Travis

Ive had johnsons wipes remove varnish from a table before!!!! (not on purpose :haha:)

Out & about, we use supermarket own brand (19p a packet & do the job just as well!! Except the tesco ones, which are pants) and have been using these since he was a few weeks old. When we're inside, we use cloth wipes (as we cloth nappy & its no extra work in the grand scheme of things) :thumbup:

18. bigbetty

bigbetty Mammam to a princess

I love Johnsons wipes too! I had 2 big boxes of pampers sensitive ones to get through though and I really didn't like them - they smelt awful!

We have used wipes on Fran since she was born - even in hospital - and she has been fine xx

19. bigbetty

They make great dusters too - you don't get static build up like with dry dusters or polish :thumbup:

20. bigbetty

I used to share a house with a girl who couldn't touch wet cotton wool because she said it squeaked lol!