baby wont eat jar food without spitting it out

mommy2lilmen

Reaction score
Seth has begun to eat baby food and if i feed him regular baby food like apple sauce, pears or even squash..if its runny he plays and spits. Its annoying as some of the foods stains and I dont want to be wearing it to. Is it ok to add cereal to it this young? He loves it thicker, not to thick. I am not going to get him the stage up as its not ready for him.

Anyone else baby do this to?
DId you thicken it up or just give up or just used to wearing it?

Oh he also wont open his mouth to the food but he wants the food. He had this problem as a newborn, tongue up the roof of his mouth, its same now with foods. Strange.

have u tried making your own food for him rather then buying the jars? he might responde better as u can make it as thick as u like x

i started zane on baby rice and he liked it thicker then it was supposed to be made, but weaing is a messy job and i often got covered in food lol

have u tried making your own food for him rather then buying the jars? he might responde better as u can make it as thick as u like x

i started zane on baby rice and he liked it thicker then it was supposed to be made, but weaing is a messy job and i often got covered in food lol

LOL wearing it sucks
I will make some later. I made mashpotatoes, altho not that healthy he loved it.
Oh he will eat the applesauce that the boys eat with meals that you buy in large jars from the store. Wont spit that out. but give him anything thats watery and he does

I have always made my LO's food, until last night, I saw a little ellas kitchen pouch so I thought I'd try him with it for a change. Big mistake. He barfed EVERYWHERE!!!! Back to mummy's meals tomorrow!!!

wooo i love apple sauce lol
you can also blend the food u make long as u dont use salt and feed baby that too, it doesnt just have to be vegitables

Archie started nursery at five months and I told them I was happy for them to start trying him on some food once he turned six months.

Because he started being weaned on 'proper food' at nursery when I tried him on jars at home he refused it - I genuinely think its because they are tasteless!!

We also found that when his food was pureed he couldn't seem to get the hang of it and ended up all over him and all over me so we mashed it instead and he takes it so much better and finds it easier eat xxx

Just in answer to your question - most things are okay after 6 months (very few exceptions - but honey is one to avoid til 12 months) so if you wanted to add cereal you could.

wooo i love apple sauce lol
you can also blend the food u make long as u dont use salt and feed baby that too, it doesnt just have to be vegitables

my lo loves veges tho lol
I also dont add salts to my foods, even sugar I dont add.
Hmm I may blend it tonight. WIll try carrots. :)

Just in answer to your question - most things are okay after 6 months (very few exceptions - but honey is one to avoid til 12 months) so if you wanted to add cereal you could.

I thought honey not till 2 years old?

Archie started nursery at five months and I told them I was happy for them to start trying him on some food once he turned six months.

Because he started being weaned on 'proper food' at nursery when I tried him on jars at home he refused it - I genuinely think its because they are tasteless!!

We also found that when his food was pureed he couldn't seem to get the hang of it and ended up all over him and all over me so we mashed it instead and he takes it so much better and finds it easier eat xxx

thats basically my lo. he will eat it jar or not. But the jar puree is so runny that I end up wearing it lol then he gets mad cus he still hungry :dohh:

This baby is an odd ball. He loves alot of things and to want his dinners, like the jar vegetablse with beef added with cereal is kinda odd. He wont eat it the other way tho. To runny.

12 months hun - that's what I've been advised. I don't eat it myself really so doubt Madeline will have it anyway, but the list I had from my HV aid no honey before LO is 1.

12 months hun - that's what I've been advised. I don't eat it myself really so doubt Madeline will have it anyway, but the list I had from my HV aid no honey before LO is 1.

ok thanks. :) You figure with having the older 4 that I would know these things lol I only eat honey cheerios myself and I have yet to feed it to my toddler as I think its to hard for him. I dont eat it out of that type of cereal, I thinkit tastes grose. I think maple syrup is better. hehe :blush:

ok thanks. :) You figure with having the older 4 that I would know these things lol I only eat honey cheerios myself and I have yet to feed it to my toddler as I think its to hard for him. I dont eat it out of that type of cereal, I thinkit tastes grose. I think maple syrup is better. hehe :blush:

Mmmm maple syrup! We get Golden Syrup here in the UK (you may have it too?), which is so wrong and makes your teeth hurt because it's so sweet...but it's sooooo good!

Mmmm maple syrup! We get Golden Syrup here in the UK (you may have it too?), which is so wrong and makes your teeth hurt because it's so sweet...but it's sooooo good!
SOOOOO true. I have a benefit tho, I dont have my natural teeth. Altho people think I do so eating sweets, colds, hots...doesnt affect me. Golden Syrup I think we have here to. :)

Have you tasted it? lol id spit it out too

ETA they stain because most of it is carrot as its cheep. The Hipp organic potato and carrot is 20% potato and 80% carrot.

I make all my Los food. She won't take the jars at all and she hates the runny purée stuff. I've only ever mashed stuff anyway. I tried to give her a jar one day as I have a couple of spares for emergencies. I had to give up, it all got spat out. And I hate mess too!! Lol xx

Have you tasted it? lol id spit it out too

ETA they stain because most of it is carrot as its cheep. The Hipp organic potato and carrot is 20% potato and 80% carrot.

yes I have tried it befor, not with the last 2 babies but with the older ones. Why I feed it to them is cus in my mind its whats best for them. Seth will eat the jar foods if it has cereal mixed in. Kinda weird. he is liking our foods more, so I may give up and just mash our own and give it to him, add water to it etc.
Isnt that weird about the combined foods. The stains upset me. I use stainremover and only ONE food stains and leaves a stain that is carrot. Do they add dye to it? It makes me wonder.

They dont add dye to it, its just because of the amount its prossesed down releses the natural colouring it in the food.

ETA im not saying its bad for them, it just doesnt taste nice.

They dont add dye to it, its just because of the amount its prossesed down releses the natural colouring it in the food.

ETA im not saying its bad for them, it just doesnt taste nice.

lol I know, its not to pleasent of a taste. My lo is weird tho, loves vegetables, give him fruit and its another story. All my other kids were opposite lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"