Babyjogger versus Phil and Ted

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by MrsHedgehog, Jun 6, 2011.

1. MrsHedgehog

MrsHedgehog Well-Known Member

We've narrowed our pushchair search down to two, the Babyjogger summit or Phil and Ted explorer. We want a three wheeled stroller as we do a lot of walking and live in the countryside so need something that can cope on all terrains. Does anybody have either of these? I prefer the Babyjogger but it is quite wide. The Phil and Teds is smaller but it doesn't seem to have such good reviews. Anyone have experience of either of these?

2. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

the babyjogger pushchairs are great quality and fab to use and pretty easy to fold, ive never folded a a P&T but they seem alot bigger when folded from what i can see. my friend had the BJCity mini double and she loved it and it was the narrowest sidebyside twin on the market and fitted through most every door so i cant see that one of their singles would be a problem in that dept lol

3. nov_mum

nov_mum Well-Known Member

I have friends with P & T and they have had major issues with little after sales service. Zips falling off after a few uses, prams collapsing etc. the main issue seems to be the ever deflating tyres. One friend had her P & t's in being services 3 tiems in 8 mths! She demanded a loan buggy the third time around as she was without her buggy for 3-4 weeks at a time!

Never heard a bad word against BJ

4. WannabemomV

WannabemomV Well-Known Member

I plan on going with Phil & Ted Explorer because we plan on having another child within 2 years (ish). It comes with the second seat Kit along with the car seat adaptor and the second seat doesn't have to click on in the back it can go on the front as well. I like how narrow it is. It doesn't fold down Really small but Oh well. Babys take up a lot of room!

5. WannabemomV

WannabemomV Well-Known Member

Oh and it does have 1 handed fold system and Both the main seat and second seat have sun visors. The other P&T models dont have it on the double attachement!

6. MrsHedgehog

MrsHedgehog Well-Known Member

That was another thing we liked about the Phil and Ted. We plan on having another fairly soon after the first as well so the double kit would be useful.

7. Treelo

Treelo Mum of 3

I love P&T's have had 3, 2 sports 1 blue camo and 1 charcoal which i have atm, and also a e3. Never had any probs with them find them great. I still use the sport up and down for my 4yo if we are walking dog in woods its fab so easy to push it glides along, seat in huge on it. Have bought the cocoon for it for new baby for when we are going to woods with dog for walks so i dont wreck my bugaboo lol!! The fabrics are hard wearing and the frame is solid. You can buy slime for tyres to stop punctures although ive never had one on the P&T but will be getting it for the bugaboo and will do P&T aswell when i have it. Frame is very sturdy.

I havent had the summit but had the city mini and hated the bloody thing lol!! Not great to push quite rattly, fabrics were very flimsy, handle wasnt nice to hold was very rubbery.

8. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

We've gone for the baby jogger double as its so light weight and fab, read nothing but good reviews about it :) x