Babymoon anyone!?

Kayhop

Expecting with a 2 yr old
Reaction score
Hubs and I decided we want to take a babymoon :) we didn't with our first...but now we feel like we should take a few days just to ourself before little miss gets here...we are thinking in late July so I'll only about 23ish weeks..we are thinking maybe a cruise or just a place by the beach to relax and enjoy each other...what are your ideas for Babymoons!?

I'd love to but it would take a lot of money we don't have away from baby things =/

I'm dragging DH to Alaska beg of July:)

Yeah I understand the money part for sure! Luckily we are having another girl so we won't need to buy nearly as much as we did the first time around...and we need time to focus on just us and rekindle the love :)

We're going to Italy for 4 days to a bed and breakfast...can't wait to get away just the 2 of us before it's the 3 of us. I think it's a great idea even if it's just a long weekend somewhere (that's what we're doing).

We have a plane credit we have to use (we were supposed to go to Barbados in March but I got sick and had a threatened miscarriage so we cancelled). So ya, I think we'll be doing a babymoon this summer! Still have no clue where to go though, it's a local company so I'm stuck in North America or the Caribbean (and it's too hot there in the summer for me!). Oh how I envy you ladies who live in Europe and can take a quick jaunt over to Italy when you want! :D

We wanted to go abroad but can't afford it. However, it's out 1st wedding anniversary in two weeks time so DH is taking me somewhere for a couple of nights as a surprise. It'll be in Scotland but I've no idea where.

DH and I went to Washington, DC for a week when I was about 23 weeks, we left our son with his grandparents and had a blast! Enjoy it, it's completely worth it and so much fun (we didn't do it with our first, either)!:thumbup:

We have a plane credit we have to use (we were supposed to go to Barbados in March but I got sick and had a threatened miscarriage so we cancelled). So ya, I think we'll be doing a babymoon this summer! Still have no clue where to go though, it's a local company so I'm stuck in North America or the Caribbean (and it's too hot there in the summer for me!). Oh how I envy you ladies who live in Europe and can take a quick jaunt over to Italy when you want! :D

Grass is always greener!!! I'd love to be "stuck" in North America or the Caribbean!! :happydance:

DH and I went to Washington, DC for a week when I was about 23 weeks, we left our son with his grandparents and had a blast! Enjoy it, it's completely worth it and so much fun (we didn't do it with our first, either)!:thumbup:

I didn't even think of dc! I'd love to go to all the awesome museums and stuff there...without a 2 yr to distract us!! I'll have to throw that in the mix! :)

We booked a week in turkey shortly after finding out I was pregnant, we go in 2 weeks time, sooo excited, last one just us 2!x

I'm trying to convince my hubby of this right now. My family owns a cabin up in the mountains that is so relaxing and nice, really want to go their for a long weekend as a last thing we can do together for ourselves before our little girl arrives.

Hey, you're thinking like we are! We figure this is our last hoorah as just the two of us, so we decided to take a 7 day cruise to the southern caribbean during my 23rd week (coming up July 3). We can't wait! I've heard that's a pretty good time to travel because you feel good right around the 6th month. Remember though, that with a cruise, they won't allow you on after your 24th week, so plan wisely! And have a great time!

Me and hubby have just come back for a 3 day break at the coast. We've got a campervan so can go away at the drop of a hat (and cheaply!)

We'll probably go away for a week or two during the summer, before I get too big to fit in it!

I'm off on my babymoon tomoz... Dh and I are Going to the Isle of arran as im not allowed to fly due to complications but we love it there so cant wait!!! xx

When I was 22 weeks OH and I went to a resort in St. Thomas (U.S. Virgin Islands) and it was worth EVERY PENNY to be able to get away and enjoy each other in the sun :)

I highly recommend going somewhere you can relax by the beach/pool, and still get to hike or snorkel, etc.

DH and I are off to Bahamas in about two weeks. I can't wait to spend some time the two if us before bean gets here. Can't gain we'll be traveling for a bit after that!

I'd love to but it would take a lot of money we don't have away from baby things =/

:hugs:money is not everything ...you can plan short budget babymoon...i hope you will find any idea...:blush:

I would love one night away but everywhere seems so expenaive and as we dnt drive train fares are also ridiculous so we may just opt for a day out somewhere! Lol. Our last hol in.oct was 7.nights all inclusice in a 5 star hotel and spa in corfu which was amazing so.we will accept that as our last hol for couple of yrs. Lol. Xx

We've been asked to house sit in August for some friends who live in North Wales so might take them up on that so that we get a break without spending too much money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->