Babys 1st birthday

Mel+Bump

Reaction score
Just wondered what everyone got for their babys 1st birthday, or what they're planning on getting them?

I'm a bit stuck as I'm having a joint birthday/naming ceremony so she's going to get a fair few presents :/ So far I've got her a set with a bowl, plate, fork and spoon in because it was half price and I thought it was cute lol.

I've copied this from the last post I responded to, but here's what I got Colin.

So far (I say so far because I can't seem to stop buying much to hubby's dismay! ) I've bought:

80 pc mega blocks set
Little People Surprise Zoo Set
Little People Train
Little People Plane
Little People set with 3 figures
Leather Bound Precious Moments Baby Bible
Activity Cube
Penguin Backpack
Set of color matching/puzzle blocks
3 Thomas and Friends music book set

I'm sure I'm forgetting something! Think I went a bit overboard and there's more I'd like to buy!

im going to ask my sister to get my daughter a d is for diamond item, not bothered what. Scarlett has loads off toys and doesn’t really need anything else and think it will be nice to keep it for her for when she is older.

Smart trike
Mega blocks set
Guess with guess yipety yay walking cat
My 1st pram with doll
Ride on
Walker
Ball pit/swimming pool
Doing her nursery so rug,accesories and bed set
Books
Waybuloo talking character
Coohicoo
Bath toy
Clothes

Oh & a bounce & spin zebra

We've got Riley the
vtech 3 in 1 scooter

IMO I think you ladies have gone a little OTT! (or maybe I'm just mean?) I don't see the point in going over board, especially at this age as he hasn't got a clue, and when he needs new toys I buy them when ever, and there's his grandmas and great grandmas aunty's and uncles to buy him presents

Obviously I'll buy him a few bits more, but not too much more than the scooter

Oh that scooters cute!

I had a look on another thread (someone posted an almost identical thread!) and saw that somebody had put about a little seat and foot stool which I thought was quite funky.

I think Ill go with you in that Ill only buy a main present and maybe 1 or 2 others. She'll get loads from other people, I dont want my house filled with the same things!

We've got Riley the
vtech 3 in 1 scooter

IMO I think you ladies have gone a little OTT! (or maybe I'm just mean?) I don't see the point in going over board, especially at this age as he hasn't got a clue, and when he needs new toys I buy them when ever, and there's his grandmas and great grandmas aunty's and uncles to buy him presents

I feel like i havnt got her enouh:dohh:
All family will be puttin money into her account though so thats the only actual presents she will be getting

We've got Riley the
vtech 3 in 1 scooter

All family will be puttin money into her account though so thats the only actual presents she will be getting

I just don't see the need to overload him with toys which he won't play with anyway! He's got lots of my nephews old things, but my nephew never used them either, so what's the point in buying him loads? Just a waste of money, if there's something I see and think he'll like, I buy it him as and when

We've got Riley the
vtech 3 in 1 scooter

I just don't see the need to overload him with toys which he won't play with anyway! He's got lots of my nephews old things, but my nephew never used them either, so what's the point in buying him loads? Just a waste of money, if there's something I see and think he'll like, I buy it him as and when

Yeah i see where your coming from totally!
Each to their own i guess. I have brought all her toys in the sale:haha: so iv saved loads as i been buying them for the last 4-5 months. Some are for 18months + etc so hopefully won't need to buy any for a good while..Im hoping anyway lol

Im going to be buying lo a smart trike and maybe a sandpit to go with it. Its pointless me buying too much as I already have 2 other children so we already have mega blocks, spin and go zebra etc :)

We've got Riley the
vtech 3 in 1 scooter

i agree hun.
ive got my son...
the ELC car garage and the 3 sets of cars to go in it.
the fisher price stacking cars set.
and a vtech mobile phone.
i know i am naughty but feel guilty for how much i have got my DD so i also got DS... a carrier bag of carbootsale toys, which i will disinfect and box up together and give to him the day after his party.
the bag includes... a playskool ball pop up thingy,
various cars,
and a shape sorter,

i have asked family to buy him clothes. BORING i know but when you have another child under 3 :baby: you tend to have 2 lots of toys to clear up. :winkwink:

if i buy him anymore it will only be money wasted. i have learnt the HARD WAY! to buy as much as you can at carbootsales and charity shops/in sales.
its almost my DD's 3rd birthday and i have got her... (knowing she will pay FULL attention to this birthday) so....

a basket of fruit and veg for her kitchen (she already has a kitchen)
a tea set,
timmy time car,
vtech cooking pot with talking veg (thinks he's called cooksy or something)
2 bags of play food,
fisher price little people castle,
fisher price little people house,
fisher price little people farm,
my little pony baby (sooooo... cute)

cuz i most of that on ebay/carbooty ^ it came to... £35.
so were going to buy her a slide as well as the above to round it off to £50.
we usually buy all NEW but NEVER AGAIN! not after LAST YEAR!
we spent waaaay over £100 on her and it wasn't played with till she turned 28 months easily.
what a waste of money!!! :dohh: call me a cheap skate but... from now on, i am going to enjoy spending the bare minimum on our kids before they demand ipods and laptops because tom, dick and harry have one!!! LOL :haha:

Bella will be a year old on July 10th and we decided not to buy her a whole lot since she's so young and won't know the difference yet anyways. So far we've bought her a Winnie the Pooh block book set that has 8 books in it and one of these:
https://www.walmart.ca/Toys/Riding-Toys/Push/STEP-START-WALK-N-RIDE

Thinking of getting her an outfit and this yet: https://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=4193378

To the ladies who are buying the smart trikes - just to say - they are BRILL!!!! :)

Bella will be a year old on July 10th and we decided not to buy her a whole lot since she's so young and won't know the difference yet anyways. So far we've bought her a Winnie the Pooh block book set that has 8 books in it and one of these:

Thinking of getting her an outfit and this yet: https://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=4193378

Same birthday as Riley I can't believe how fast one year has gone!

Same birthday as Riley I can't believe how fast one year has gone!

I know. It's kind of sad :(

Smart trikes are fab :) She was in hers today. FOB brought her one for easter.

Ive been looking on ebay to try and find some nice wooden toys. Your so right about buying second hand. At the moment they wont know, but in 10 years time theyll want to most expensive brand new thing around!

Im getting Amari
a keepsake item (Not sure what yet, Im thinking the silver zoo in a personalised silver box, so she can keep it forever :), Obviously she cant have it yet, But id like somehting to say "i got you this for your 1st birthday")
A new classic winnie towel set
fisher price animal train.
v-tech learn and groove table.

that all from me & OH.

Im hoping my granny will buy her a bangel, and her aunty is getting her a peter rabbit toy & new dress.

:flower:

this is what poppy got (NOT all from us!!!)

big wooden toybox done like a house with her name on it
little tikes rocking horse
megabloks
bookes
little life backpack
beanbag armchair
clothes
lots of books
lots of bath toys
my puppy pal violet (best toy ever!)
wooden fire station and engine

cant remember any more!!

ETA: check out melissa & doug and plan toys if ur into wooden! we LOVEEEEEE wooden toys in this house!!!

So far I've got LO
Trike
Ballpool/paddling pool
Bounce and spin zebra
Clothes
Bath toy
and an activity triangle thing
I'm hoping to get her a keepsake present as well

They are all presents I know she will like. And why not? It's her 1st ever birthday I want to spoil her.

KAyson will be 1 on the 5th July....
we've got him a few clothes
Aquadraw
and theres a guitar thing i want
and if i see a few Happyland bits i'll pick them up
WE've also paid out for a NAinmg Ceremony and a Hungry CAterpillar themed picnic....
My mums got hinm a smart trike

And with the naming ceremony involving family and the picnic with friends i think he'll be overloaded with stuff....
He doesnt play with the toys he's got so im not gonna overload him

=) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back