Babys Bum so sore..

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
He's only 9 days old, and its been like this for 3/4 days already. I'm using only water and cotton wool, changing him every couple of hours, and using Metanium after every change. But it just doesnt seem to be shifting :nope: if anything, looks like its spreading to me...pretty hard to tell mind when he is covered in cream constantly. I'm at a bit of a loss. Havent seen the m/w since Sunday, i asked if it may be thrush and she said she didnt THINK so - I'll be seeing her again tomorrow but the last one didnt seem very helpful :wacko:

Any suggestions?

Also, does the HV come on day 10? I thought they did, but i have had no word from her?

Sorry to hear this hun... poor little man :(
Tke him to the doctors they'll probably give him some hydrocourtisone cream or it may well me thrush so some cream for that

Top; only use a very thin layer of metanium and also a very thin layer of sudocrem over the top... less is more where cream is concerned. The metanium will sooth the rash and the sudocrem acts as a barrier to wetness but always make sure the rash is as dry as it can be before applying cream if not the cream locks the moisture to the skin and causes more problems!
hth x

can you give nappy free time to get air circulating.
put a bin bag or plastic change mat down and put towells that are soft over them to lie on

Give him some nappy free time where possible.
Only a thin layer of cream, when LO's flairs up we put talc on to dry it out, then a thin layer of cream xx

this is good to read hun :thumbup:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/nappyrash/

Use johnsons baby nappy cream! Best stuff I have EVER come across and my friends swear by it to, it's £2.99 in tescos x

Metanium, a thin layer & then a thin layer of sudocrem or johnsons cream ontop. :) plus as much nappy off time as possible. Xx

have you tried switching diaper brands? he may be allergic to the ones you are using. My favorite cream for diaper rash/ soreness is Desitin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"