Baby's first birthday

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Bumblebeee, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Bumblebeee

Bumblebeee Mum to one & having fun!

So my daughter will be 1 on the first of November and I have decided not to have a big party due to it being nearly Christmas and forking out for birthday & Christmas presents etc but I definitely want to celebrate it in some way. I was thinking of having a little tea party at home with her 2 cousins (maybe some of my friend's kids - undecided so far) and was wondering if anyone had some ingenious ideas that could help spice it up a bit. I have come across making hedgehogs by covering a baking potato with foil and poking cheese & pineapple cocktail sticks in it and making sandwiches with shape cutters which I like the sound of, and I figured I'd just put all the baby's toys in the middle of the room for entertainment but any other suggestions would be fab :)

2. littlegreenie

littlegreenie Well-Known Member

I drew a tree on a large piece of paper and got all the babies to add their handprints on and framed it for her bedroom. Also had a little singing session at the end as she like music and like you said had lots if toys out. Was really successful as everyone had a good time but particularly as my daughter really enjoyed herself. Have fun.

3. Bumblebeee

Ooh, I'm loving the tree idea lots! Especially as I want to decorate her room with an owl theme when we next decorate and trees & owls go hand in hand!

4. Balloo

Balloo Well-Known Member

Helium balloons maybe? My LO seems to love them, as do every other LO i meet!! Maybe add some edible glitter to anything ur baking? Maybe have a bit of a sensory sea; different fabrics and sounds? (I'm currently making sensory bottles as a first present for LO). X

5. Bumblebeee

Bump ��

6. keela

keela Little J and ttc#2

We are having Jacks party today. I invited a few moms from play group and family. We are having cake and decorated with things from the dollar store. The entire party is under $30 and just enough to have pictures for his baby book.

7. beautifulpack

beautifulpack Well-Known Member

I will attach some pics of my daughter's birthday we had this Tuesday (Oct 1st) It was just me, her Dad, DD1, my mom and a couple of older cousins...I plan on going all out for her 2nd birthday..she had a great time playing with the balloons and her new toys. She loved when we sang Happy Birthday..and she got to have fun with the cake..she had a blast.

Attached Files:

8. beautifulpack

More pics

Attached Files:

9. beautifulpack

And more pics lol

Attached Files:

10. margarita1979

margarita1979 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see these when you're done.

11. Bumblebeee

Beautiful pack - your daughter is such a cutey and looks like she had a whale of a time!! I am definitely going to get a load of balloons because dd loves them, if the dog will leave them alone that is :)

I have got a few ideas floating around now, I am only looking to have some sort of celebration so that I can take lots of pictures & video it for when she's older. It's definitely more for me :winkwink: