babys first shoes

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
when did you buy your baby their first shoes? I have been advised she should be wearing shoes now but she is only 10 months :shrug:

Some people buy cruisers in the early days when they cant confidently walk, but proper walking shoes should only be bought when the child is walking unaided for a number of weeks.

My LO had these.... mainly to keep her feet warm. :) https://tula2shoes.co.uk/

Got ours when lo was ready to walk outside.
Only from the car into the house etc but we didn't bother until then.

Once my girls start to show interest in walking I will buy them shoes to help them along.

They have shoes now but they aren't good walking shoes.

If your baby shows interest in walking I would get some :thumbup:

I still haven't got Ashley any as I've read before that they shouldn't wear shoes until they've been walking for a few weeks. He'll grow out of them so fast I'm not buying them until he needs them!

I bought my son some soft-bottom shoes with little "grippers" on the bottom for traction. He only wears socks and shoes when out of the house. (We have wood floors, and socks with no shoes makes him fall on his bum! hehehe) There's no reason why a child under 2 should be wearing shoes inside. Also, according to my personal research, kids under 2 should be wearing soft bottom shoes just because it creates a more proper walk and better posture. I'm not sure how correct that is - like I said, it's my own research through different credible sources - but I'm definitely doing that with my kids. :)

I got my LO her first shoes when she was confidently walking in the house and when she was doing more walking than crawling. She was confident enough to wander off when I was in the shoe shop trying to buy them! Before that I did get her some little soft shoes so she could practice walking round holding my hands.

I only bought shoes for my boys when they had been walking unaided for at least 3-4 months, my youngest started walking at 9 months and we only got him fitted for shoes at 15 months! Xx

Like a pp put, you don't need to buy proper shoes for LO until they are 2 unless they will be walking outdoors to protect their feet. I buy little "crib shoes" with soft bottoms only for pictures or if i definitely don't want him kicking his socks off...lol the shoes he is wearing in the avatar were his fathers and i had to put them on him for his first Santa picture, before he grew out of them...

I find crawling shoes from Robeez to work the best. They're the only shoes my daughter hasn't been able to rip off and they have soft soles but with enough grip on hard flooring. When we're out and it's cold she uses such boots (also hasn't been able to get them off):
https://www.breuninger.com/medias/sys_master/8813483032606.jpg
They have no grip but she's not walking yet anyway and the Robeez ones aren't warm enough so this is the best solution for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"