Baby's head engaged? Already?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by moomoo, Aug 31, 2009.

1. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

For the past couple of days i've had a LOT more pressure on my bladder and can feel LOs head grinding on bladder when he turns his head. Also he seems to be putting extra pressure on my tailbone. :wacko:

Does anyone know if this is baby's head engaging or just normal now i'm getting bigger. This is my first so havent a clue if its normal or to contact midwife?

My bump is low..but its never been very high?? Baby is still very active, so i know he's OK in there lol :shrug:

What do you think??

xx

2. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

i had been feeling this for a couple of weeks now, and was wondering if it was engaging, but i had a visit to the hospital last night and head is still above pelvis.

I felt my bump had dropped a little in the last week there, and i have been feeling the pressure when baby moves below for weeks now, almost as if i am going to pee myself!

Has baby's head always been down? maybe it has just turned if not?

My baby's head has been down since 25 weeks so i think it must just be the fact he is getting bigger and especially if he stretches out that must be when all the pressure goes on my bladder.

3. rubyrose

rubyrose Guest

I had that same feeling about your stage and he was still free so i think it was like where he was getting bigger and stretching it was putting some pressure on me... i soon knew when he properly engaged as my bump practially hit the floor, couldnt see my fanjita standing forward, peeing every two seconds, constant pressure and walking like John Wayne! ;)

4. moomoo

Baby was head down at last MW appt, and i can feel little feet rolling across the top and front of belly - so maybe he is back to back? They say it can happen early but has nothing to do with how early baby will be?

xx

5. rubyrose

rubyrose Guest

Yeah thats true mine has been well engaged since 36 weeks (only 2/5 palp!! git lol) You'll soon find out at your next mw appt! Luckily his still small enough at 30 weeks to pop in and out so you might get a bit of relief sometimes! x

6. moomoo

Im hoping so..i'm waddling like a duck at the moment!! haha x