Baby's head measuring big!

zippy4

Reaction score
I had an ultrasound yesterday at 30+2 and my Baby's head is measuring nearly 34 weeks (his body measured nearly 32 weeks). Has anyone else experienced this. I asked doctor should I be concerned and she said no but I can't help but worry :( I have another scan in 4 weeks. Thanks xx

Yes me and it is worrying!! I had a scan at 36+2 and his head was measuring 40 +5!! Ah the closer I get with no signs of going into labour the more I worry. People keep telling me ill be fine but its still stressful having it in the back of my mind. I have been doing my pelvic floors regularly! Time will tell soon how big it will be xx

my baby is a bighead too!! i've got my next scan in a few weeks, but saw the doc the other day who said not to worry, as things can change. so i know it's easier said than done but try not to worry! xx

I was told yesterday at my 36 week scan that baby has a big head. She said in my case there's nothing to worry about, it's just that I may not be able to deliver her naturally, which is funny seeing as the day before my consultant booked me in for c-section :)

My 32 wek scan the head circumference was 309.4mm if that helps.

Hi just popping over from 2nd tri... When I had my 20 week scan baby was measuring big so asked me to go back for another scan in two weeks time, went back the 17th and his head and body is measuring two weeks bigger than his brain and femur.

I'm worried sick! They didnt really say much just that they want me to go back for another scan in 3 weeks to check growth oh and she told me not to worry you just got a big baby on your hands... :s

The baby's body will catch up, and actually....there have been studies showing babies with slightly larger than average heads DO have a higher IQ!

Both of my kids heads measured large (I can thank my big headed DH for that gene) ;) my son is a little over 2 now and his head still measures abin the 100th percentile...but I just think its because we are a very tall family and he will be growing into it. (It doesn't look disproportionate). He is a very bright little boy and I delivered him vaginally (although I did need stitches). Good luck to you I am sure all will be fine! :)

Thanks for all the replies. It's just something that was starting to scare me, but my dad and sister both have big heads and hubby was a large baby so maybe it's just genetic xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->