• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Babys head not in pelvis ?

Emsy26

Mum of 4 & Wife-To-Be xx
Reaction score
I'm 36 weeks today, just had a home visit from MW, and my lil boys head isnt in the pelvis, this is my 5th pregnancy, should his head be down by now??

She also said that if my waters break and his head is free I'm to get to the Del Suite ASAP, as the cord could come first.....what does this mean??

I've been having alot of BH's, shouldnt these help babys head engage? (I read it somewhere ) :shrug:

xx

At my last appointment at 36 weeks i had a scan as baby was suspected breech, luckily he had turned but had not engaged and dropped down into my pelvis so she put me on alert that until this happened, he could still move back round to breech or transverse. She also gave me the scary cord abruption story so if my waters break or contractions i have to get into hospital quick in case of the cord coming first. They even contemplated keeping me in for the last two weeks!

She told me that when the waters break and the head is down, the head drops and blocks the top of the cervix and then is born normally, if the head is not dropped down into the pelvis then there is a gap which the cord can fall down into, it can then get compressed by babys head or twisted and then cause alot of problems. I hadnt even heard about all this stuff until i was told!

This is my third so i presumed that baby would drop down earlier as its all been done before but apparently not, baby can stay high up until right at the last minute according to the consultant, which has left me a bit nervous as im constantly thinking about his position and worrying. My friend had her 4th baby last May and he turned breech as she was sat in the delivery room!

Unless it's your first pregnancy (which it clearly isn't), the baby's head may not engage until the very last moment.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/whenheadengage/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"