Babys heartbeat. Boy or Girl???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by First timer, Aug 22, 2009.

1. First timer

First timer Wife and Mummy to Lily!

I had a midwife app yesterday and heard my babys heartbeat for the first time. I was telling my sister and she asked if the midwife had written it down. When I asked why she told me the old wives tale where you can tell the sex of the bay depending on the rate of the heartbeat. If its over 150 its a girl and under a boy. If its true I am having a boy (will find out on Tue!)
    What is everyone elses experience of this, has it come true and what are you predicted to have?
    Just a bot of fun, dont worry I havent gone out and bought a whole blue wardrobe yet, lol.

2. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

Ive never been told the heartbeat rate of mine! never got told my blood count thing of preg hrmone?? so im not sure if its true, i think its 50/50 to be honest

3. Mariposa

Mariposa Pregnant - 3rd Trimester

I also have heard this wives tal but after looking at other peoples heartrates for their LO it really doesnt seem to effect it. As some women have said the heart rate is 160 and they're having a boy. I definitely wouldnt go by it but let us know when you find out :D x x

4. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

I have a doppler that has an LCD screen so we get to see the heart rate of our little girl and she usually has a beat of about 145 ish so in my experience the old wives tale isnt true :)

5. ChubbyBunny

ChubbyBunny Baby #1!

I wouldn't count on the heart rates. My 8 week appt. it was 160..probably having a girl right? Then at 13 weeks ir was 145...so now I'm having a boy? The heartrate fluctuates, I hope to know for certain next month though!

6. BBonBoard

BBonBoard Proud Mommy of 2 girls

i thought the old wivestale was anything above 140 was girl and below 140 was boy.

7. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

Heart rate means nothing.

Amber were 150-160 girl
    This baby, another girl is 140-150

8. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

This is what I read to and there is no correlation. I did a lot of reading into it. Flumps rest was 158 and he is a boy.

9. Beautywithin

Beautywithin Mummy of two

with my daughter her heartrate was always 170+ this lil one i was sure was a girl because the heartrate has been 160+

so it goes to show that myths are not true lol xx