Baby's movements really hurting me

angelbump

Reaction score
So the last few weeks my little man has been really hurting me when he moves. Its like a contraction type pain down below like a severe period pain and back ache. Is this just him moving? I never had this with my 1st? My son was back to back & the drs think this one isnt so could it be I'm just not used to his position as he nuzzles down or should i be concerned that it literally takes my breath away and cant move while its happening?

Im calling maternity tomo for another reason but may bring this up as it seems alot of pain for what it is?
At 37 weeks i dont want to cause alarm & end up gettin induced early or anything so thought I'd ask you ladies first x

My first wasn’t back to back (second was) and never caused pain like you’re describing. Is it quick, then over? It may just be the way he is lying, on a nerve, in a specific position. I don’t think they would induce you early for that, but just mention to them you’re uncomfortable when it happens and they may be able to give you a reason why.

I remember having severe pain on my pubic bone, felt like DD was trying to snap it in two at times. I was around about the same stage in pregnancy you are now and was told it's normal and that it'll ease up, which it did eventually but that's a pain I remember more than even the contractions lol.

Sounds like something called 'irritable uterus' or IU. Which is pretty much all anyone knows about it, as far as I can tell. Nobody is really sure what causes it or how best to treat it. It's painful more painful than Braxton-Hicks contractions, but doesn't change the cervix. I doubt they'd induce you for it, though they might offer to strip your membranes if they do an internal and things seem favorable. You can turn that down, of course.

Sorry the last few weeks are treating you so harsh. Here's hoping your baby decides on his own to come meet you soon!

I have an irritable uterus and I get severe pain when baby moves, along with contractions that feel like the real deal but don’t do anything to progress the cervix :( I’ve been in hospital twice with it, and prescribed strong pain killers.
It truly is awful, I feel for you.
I’m being induced today - because of spd and the IU - but I’ve been told if I just had the IU they wouldn’t intervene. Hopefully you won’t have much longer to go x

I mentioned this same pain to my doctor and she said it is most likely from cervical changes from effacement and dilation. I feel you though. It is extremely painful when it happens, especially when baby is moving so much. It feels like baby is scraping you from the inside.

Thankyou everyone. I was told i may have an IU and due to having **TMI** diarrhoea for the last few weeks they think that's the cause. Lilmisscaviar that is exactly what its like i can feel pressure when it happens and the pain is very very similar to a contraction but i know it isnt as i can feel him moving where the pain is!
If this is all because of effacement and dilation then bring it on because i am so ready to meet this little guy! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->