Baby's Not Moving

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by imprfcttense, Nov 20, 2011.

1. imprfcttense

imprfcttense Expecting a Little Boy

I know there was recently a post about this already, but I'm starting to get very worried. A few days ago, all day, Gavin was kicking and wiggling, and seriously, for the past 3 days I've felt nothing. Maybe a kick or two, but that's it. And I've been getting some aches in my tummy. I'm just worried something's wrong. I'm 24+4 and he has been pretty active for a while. Just lately, he hasn't been doing anything. Like, almost literally. I don't even know if the one or two "kicks" I felt were even kicks... I hate to repeat posts, since there was one very similar, I'm just having major anxiety about it. I hope he's okay... Long sleep period maybe? :sleep: I don't know... :shrug: I'm just really scared. I miss feeling him... I almost want to cry.

2. youngmummy94

youngmummy94 Tylers Mummy !

If you're really worried, ring up your midwife and go get checked out :)
    But first they usually suggest to drink something cold and lie on your side and wait a bit to see if you can feel movement. I don't think they say much about counting kicks before 28 weeks though because they can still be pretty irregular.
    Good luck and keep us updated! :flow:

3. Shanelley

Shanelley Mummy :)

If your concerned then dont worry about ringing ur midwife, thats what theyr there for hon :)
    im sure LO is just sleepy :)

4. nicoleJOLIE

nicoleJOLIE SingleTeenMom&Proud!

i experienced the same thing and now my baby girl wont quit moving LOL .

but if youre worried call ur MW.

:hugs:

5. imprfcttense

I just tried the water thing - nothing. :nope:
    I'm crying now. I'm just so worried. He was so, so active before. That's what worries me. I was feeling him all day long. Now. Nothing. Like, nothing at all. I want to call, but I guess I'll have to wait 'til morning. I'm so worried that I don't think I can wait.

6. x.Mum2B.x

x.Mum2B.x Mummy To Kyreece-Jayden<3

They normally say not to count kicks before 28weeks I went days around ur stage when I never felt my LO move & he was fine he might have just changed position where u can't feel his kicks or he could just be more active when ur asleep which most babies are but try drinking ice cold water or eatting something really sugary & then lay on ur side if that doesn't work then I'd say defo call ur M/W hope this helps :flow:

7. x.Mum2B.x

x.Mum2B.x Mummy To Kyreece-Jayden<3

Do u not have the number for ur maternity assesment unit if so u could always give them a call & go in & get monitored

8. imprfcttense

I just switched doctors. I have no idea who to contact or what their number would be :/ It's 2 am here, so I guess I'll just have to wait until morning.

You girls are all so great. Thank you for the advice and support. Hopefully I'm just overreacting. I just miss feeling him after this many days.

9. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said by the other girlies, I just hope everything is ok :flower: he's most likely just having a lazy few days xx

10. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

He might've shifted towards your back so you might not be feeling him as much. Try drinking a soda or cold juice and laying on your left side. Also, look on the back of your insurance card and there should be a number for a 24 hour nurse hotline. If you're really concerned, head to the ER but I think as long as you have felt him at least once, it's okay. He might be sleepy or in a different position. :hugs:

11. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

12. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

Just realised your not in the UK. Call your hospital and they will tell you the number for your maternity ward. x

13. Amber4

Amber4 Well-Known Member

I didn't feel my LO kicking for a few days last week. She's been making up for it now though. I think she'd just moved in there. Go and get checked though if you're worried :hugs:

14. trinaestella

trinaestella Aliyah's mummy! <3

Check with your midwife, but i know at 25 weeks Aliyah never kicked me unless i had to move her.. and then at 28 weeks only started to become really active again :shrug: