baby's room

loz

Reaction score
going to decorate baby's room in the next few weeks and im in need of some ideas. baby will be sharing with dd who is 5 so i cant have anything too babyish, wanting it to be colourful too.

can anyone help on what i could do or have any pics of how you have done your nursery?

aww, its so fun to finally decorate! We have our sons things on one half of the room and daughters on the other half....she is 5 as well. I just decorated her half for her and his half for him. They will only be sharing a room until we move mid august to a bigger place.

aww, its so fun to finally decorate! We have our sons things on one half of the room and daughters on the other half....she is 5 as well. I just decorated her half for her and his half for him. They will only be sharing a room until we move mid august to a bigger place.

was thinking of doing that. do u have any pics? and what colours have u done?

my neighbour did her nursery bright orange and got an animal border to put round the room - it wasnt a real baby border but suitable for quite a few yrs. her son is nearlly 7 and has just had it painted brown and the border changed to dinosaurs as he doesnt like animals.

We have got yellow walls with red curtains, lamps and carpet and multi coloured animal border. It's not babyish but it's bright and cheerful.

We have gone dark mint and its nice and bright and warm, its great to get it done, take care :hugs: XX

We decorated our baby's room with wall stickers: https://www.pricerighthome.com/inde...&cPath=120_5&zenid=42tiqdnp90819p08birb48rp00
It looks great, and the best thing is that you can peel them off without damaging the paint.

Maybe you could get your five year old to choose different stickers for her side of the room to differentiate it from the baby's side?

I like the stickers idea! That way you can get away with doing it one colour, saves money on paint!

my eldests room is in stripes (was a sod to do) but worth it - its blues and green, some thick some thin. it did take alot of patience and masking tape.

good ideas. just thought tho her bed and his cot is on the same side

I have the same problem!!! Cant think of how to decorate it for both different sexes and the age gap. (shes 5 too) Step daughter loves high school musical at the mo so im going with reds and blues, that way she can have hsm stuff and baby can have blues. I'm decorating it this weekend!! cant wait!!!

Hi,

Ikea have a couple of ranges which might give you inspiration... search for Barnslig and Fabler on their site... e.g. this is a placemat but there's bedding and lighting, everything... I'm going to have one of these I think as it'll last a few years... the illustrations are like Quentin Blake's, love them!

ive left my little boys room the way it is as im having a surprise and didnt want to change it if its a boy and besides baby really wont care til they r older. plus i dont want zac to feel pushed out in any way so changes r going to be more gradual..

this is zacs and babies room:
https://i41.tinypic.com/2dr9iea.jpg
https://i41.tinypic.com/beyn49.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back