baby's room

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by loz, Apr 24, 2009.

1. loz

loz Well-Known Member

going to decorate baby's room in the next few weeks and im in need of some ideas. baby will be sharing with dd who is 5 so i cant have anything too babyish, wanting it to be colourful too.

can anyone help on what i could do or have any pics of how you have done your nursery?

2. junemomma09

aww, its so fun to finally decorate! We have our sons things on one half of the room and daughters on the other half....she is 5 as well. I just decorated her half for her and his half for him. They will only be sharing a room until we move mid august to a bigger place.

3. loz

loz Well-Known Member

was thinking of doing that. do u have any pics? and what colours have u done?

4. amylw1

amylw1 my 3 boys in avatar. x

my neighbour did her nursery bright orange and got an animal border to put round the room - it wasnt a real baby border but suitable for quite a few yrs. her son is nearlly 7 and has just had it painted brown and the border changed to dinosaurs as he doesnt like animals.

5. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

We have got yellow walls with red curtains, lamps and carpet and multi coloured animal border. It's not babyish but it's bright and cheerful.

6. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

We have gone dark mint and its nice and bright and warm, its great to get it done, take care :hugs: XX

7. Becca L

Becca L Well-Known Member

8. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I like the stickers idea! That way you can get away with doing it one colour, saves money on paint!

9. amylw1

amylw1 my 3 boys in avatar. x

my eldests room is in stripes (was a sod to do) but worth it - its blues and green, some thick some thin. it did take alot of patience and masking tape.

10. loz

loz Well-Known Member

good ideas. just thought tho her bed and his cot is on the same side

11. ladyjayne

ladyjayne Well-Known Member

I have the same problem!!! Cant think of how to decorate it for both different sexes and the age gap. (shes 5 too) Step daughter loves high school musical at the mo so im going with reds and blues, that way she can have hsm stuff and baby can have blues. I'm decorating it this weekend!! cant wait!!!

12. NuttyJester

NuttyJester Brand new little boy! :o)

Hi,

Ikea have a couple of ranges which might give you inspiration... search for Barnslig and Fabler on their site... e.g. this is a placemat but there's bedding and lighting, everything... I'm going to have one of these I think as it'll last a few years... the illustrations are like Quentin Blake's, love them!

13. bethyb

bethyb Expecting our third!!!

ive left my little boys room the way it is as im having a surprise and didnt want to change it if its a boy and besides baby really wont care til they r older. plus i dont want zac to feel pushed out in any way so changes r going to be more gradual..

this is zacs and babies room:
    https://i41.tinypic.com/2dr9iea.jpg
    https://i41.tinypic.com/beyn49.jpg