Babystyle Oyster

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
Anyone got a Babystyle Oyster, know someone with one or thinking of getting one themselves.

Just after somer advice / opinions etc

I REALLY want one but we cant afford it :( plus we have a Loola from our last baby in perfectly good condition.
I love the colours the Oyster comes in, theyre fab x

I love Ito really want one but doubt we can afford it,it's stunning xx

I'm getting one of these ;+) They are fabulous and we scoured the market and internet for weeks plus went to other shops and played with lots and this was the best for us!!
We decided for lots of reasons:
Travel System, only 1 chassis needed
Lightwight carrycot, chassis and pushchair
Proper Carrycot, not one of the travel type ones
Pushchair comes with sunshade/mozzy net
Pushchair has raisers to make slightly higher
Easyfold chassis
Easy to push and turn
Easy to remove carrycot/carseat/pushchair
Good size shopping basket
Plus we could get a maxi cosi carseat and after lots of reading, we decided that we wanted a 'named' brand of car seat and not just the one that comes with the travel systems...The car seat adjusters are £20

Plus it just felt right after looking for so long. We're going to The Baby Show in London in a few weeks and Babystyle are going to be there and I'm hoping we can get a good discount or at least a good few goodies thrown in :+)

The only other thing to note is that warrianty is only 6 months, so we're going to wait until closer to baby until we get it!
xx

I've just bought the oyster pearl... Love love love it!! Not used it yet obviously but it folds down easily and compact.

we almost got this, we had our heart set on it from day one, unfortunately i read a few scary reviews regarding the wheels locking (one involved a woman crossing a road, the wheels locked horizontally and the pushchair tipped over to the side, the woman had to drag it across the other side of the road)
unfortunately for us we decided against it as i couldn't get the reviews out of my head, especially as we want a pushchair with a carrycot part where the baby wouldn't be strapped in like in a pushchair part. i know all pushchairs have faults and the chance of it happening again are a million to one but i'd suggest reading lots of reviews before you buy xx

I've just bought the oyster pearl... Love love love it!! Not used it yet obviously but it folds down easily and compact.

Yep im gettin this too!! i originally was goin to get an icandy cherry, which i really loved, but then i found this 1 which looks quite similar, was cheaper & had alot of hidden extras that the cherry didnt have, like the adjustable handle, & also u get the footmuff & bag in with package, so basically i think its a lovely pram lol

xxx

Hi we are debating whether to get this in Dolphin grey or the iCandy Cherry. I love both but have read that suspension isn't great which is putting me off a bit....cant decide!!!:shrug: decisions decisions decisions xx

I have the oyster for my littel girl and will go on to use it with this one - love it. There are a few down sides:

1. The rain cover is a little pance on the pram section- and my daughter hates it. But the hood covers her so it is easy to cover her from the ran without it.

2. The wheels are funny sometimes when going up or coming off a curve-nothing major like the above story says.

3. Mud does get caught up in the mud guard- so it is not an off roader pram.

Big bonus points for the pram:

1. Folds away so easy and is so light.
2. The maxi cosi car seat fits in it with the adapters (adapters can stay fixed onto the seat so you arent messing around.
3. I LOVED the carry cot part of the pram when she was tiny.
4. The basket is just big enough
5. The wheels come off so it will even fit into our 3 door car
6. You dont get flat wheels.
7. The pram part is comfy
8. The hood pulls right over so you can make it darker on those days when you are willing on a sleep!!
9. The cat /insect net is brilliant in the summer on the pram
10. Really easy to clean.

Hope this helps!!!!

I am toying with this and the iCandy Cherry and the M&P Sola. I can't decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im planning on getting this i love it. Also love the babystyle lux in white/blue trim

Ooooh, love these! Think we are going to splurge on a good pram and cot and get everything else second hand. Been ebaying like mad to make some baby fund money.

Will check it out at the baby show at the Excel though. See you there!

I'm getting one of these ;+) They are fabulous and we scoured the market and internet for weeks plus went to other shops and played with lots and this was the best for us!!
Easyfold chassis
Easy to push and turn
Plus we could get a maxi cosi carseat and after lots of reading, we decided that we wanted a 'named' brand of car seat and not just the one that comes with the travel systems...The car seat adjusters are £20

Plus it just felt right after looking for so long. We're going to The Baby Show in London in a few weeks and Babystyle are going to be there and I'm hoping we can get a good discount or at least a good few goodies thrown in :+)

The only other thing to note is that warrianty is only 6 months, so we're going to wait until closer to baby until we get it!
xx

I went to the baby show in October & my friend picked up an Oyster pram with EVERYTHING for £ 400 which included a black chassis, adapters & 2 colour packs...It would have been £546 in the shop :) Think its a bit of a bargain.
We are buying ours at februarys show too...going for Lime Green i think x

Easyfold chassis
Easy to push and turn

xx

I went to the baby show in October & my friend picked up an Oyster pram with EVERYTHING for £ 400 which included a black chassis, adapters & 2 colour packs...It would have been £546 in the shop :) Think its a bit of a bargain.
We are buying ours at februarys show too...going for Lime Green i think x

Yah..been hearing some mixed reviews about the Baby Show, but this sounds great. We're thinking of the silver one, so hopefully even cheaper!! thank you!

i've been to the local pram shop as i'd decided i wanted a 'traditional pram' at first so carrycot can double to sleep in house in then get a smaller buggy later. i wanted a travel system with a carseatthat could be put on pram.

I loved the bebecar grand style, very classic, leebruss prams and the norton leatherette pram all around £600 mark.

Anyway then knowing what I wanted i set about watching prams on ebay especially ones newly listed on buy it now's! I am now the owner of a as new white leatheretten norton 3 in 1pram, chromechassis, big wheels, basket traditional pram which turns into a buggy with hood, apron, cosytoes which faces two directions, rainhood, parasol and changing bag all for my bet offer of £200.....saving me £400...yippee....I am also going to buy the norton car seat which can be attached on chassis as an extra.

my advice is findpram you want then look on ebay.

I am also getting the baby style oyster in Lime and baby blue , I love the idea of being able to change the colour etc.
It was either between this or the icandy peach this being half the price it was a easy enough decision and i have not found many bad reviews .( you never with any pram get 100% reviews)
Its meant to be the 3rd best seller.

Hi we had been looking today and have decided on the Oyster Plush, it comes out in March and sounds perfect. It differs from the Oyster mainly because of the material but there are also some other great features such as the detachable sun visor for the carrycot...sooooooo excited
https://www.bumpsnbabes.com/https-//www-bumpsnbabes-com/pushchairs/oyster-babystyle-plush-new-for-2011/prod-534-html/prod_534.html
:happydance: x

My friend's just got one of these and she is in love with it - the Which? website gives it a great review (you can get a month's trial of this for £1 which we did and it's got reviews of loads of prams, we found it really useful)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->