Babywearers: Do you use your pram?

Mitsuko

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
I was first going for the whole thing: combination of pram, stroller and car seat. It does cost a lot but I was hoping to be able to buy it on Ebay.

I now have my doubts. Do I really need all that in the first months? I'm thinking of just buying a car seat and several baby carriers at first, then later a light stroller.

What do most babywearers here have?

I personally used both but that's because I have terrible hips and can't wear him for a long time...so I used the stroller alot. I need hip replacement so. But I think if I didn't have that problem then just having the carriers and then later getting a light weight stroller would be what I would do too. I have worn Hayden for long periods but only when I had the stroller to push one of my older 2 in so I could lean on it a bit

I personally use both but at different times. I would have a cheap-ish stroller that lies flat as a back up as sometimes you might need it (and obviously a car seat)....I bought the whole travel system thing and I never used the pram, the car seat got used all the time and I only use the pushchair part now Deri has grown out of his first stage car seat.

I take my BH carrier and pushchair out wherever I go in the car so I have the choice but I could get away with using just a carrier most of the time!

xx

I'm the same, I use both at different times. If I'm going into town and I'm going to be out for a long time I use the pram because it's easier to sit down with him asleep in that than asleep on me and if someone gives us a lift and he falls asleep in the car seat it's a lot easier to clip him into the travel system whilst asleep than lift him out and try and keep him asleep while transferring him. However, I prefer to wear him up to health clinic cos it's up a hill and it's hard work to push a pram up it and also the problem of trying to collapse him down and balance him and then get a chain to chain it outside etc. Also, the pram doesn't fair well on rough terrain so it's nicer to wear him for walks to the park and stuff.

I haven't got a pushchair / stroller / anything like that!

Maybe just buy a couple of slings and see how you go first? x

(eta. I do have a car seat. I will buy a push chair if I ever feel I need one but haven't yet!)

we do not use a stroller or pram either,my ILs have one they use when they DD out but personally I find it easier to put her in the sling.

We used to have a few but since weve got into slinging full time weve sold them all !
It can be done with just slings !!

We didn't buy a new pushchair before Niamh was born. We had a carseat (which you'd need to bring your baby home from hospital) and then we had the frame from my sons quinny zapp to attach the carseat to. However we rarely use the quinny. I used a moby wrap with Niamh and have since used a connecta, ring sling and mei tai.

If your trying to keep costs low then i'd say just get a car seat and then start baby wearing around the house to see how you get on. If it doesn't work out then you can get a pushchair easily.

You're giving me ideas to try using my carrier all the time girls :D

x

I've used my stroller quite a bit because it's been so hot this summer when we go out for long walk or when we will be out shopping for a few hours. Alice gets fussy and overheated if she is in a carrier for too long and we both end up sweaty by the end of the day.

i have a full travel system but i have only used it a hand full of times (as i really dont like it ... i want a bugaboo:blush:) but to be honest wearing is so much easier and quicker!!, you dont have to manouvre a pram round shops etc i much prefer wearing now.... only drawback is if i'm going out for a long time (i dont drive) my small change bag isn't enough so i have to take the pram so i can loop the big change bag on it!!

hope this helps

sara

xxxxx

I use a combination of carrying and the pram. If im out for a short trip then itll be the carrier, a long trip then the shopping basket is too tempting not to have :lol:
sometimes i do both aswell, the bus from my house isnt a pram bus so if theres two of us ill use the carrier for the bus then the pram for the rest of the day.

Thanks girls! From what I understand, it will be doable without the pram, especially in the first few months. We'll try and if it doesn't work, it's alway time to buy a pram then! :)

i have a full travel system but i have only used it a hand full of times (as i really dont like it ... i want a bugaboo:blush:) but to be honest wearing is so much easier and quicker!!, you dont have to manouvre a pram round shops etc i much prefer wearing now.... only drawback is if i'm going out for a long time (i dont drive) my small change bag isn't enough so i have to take the pram so i can loop the big change bag on it!!

hope this helps

sara

xxxxx

What travel system do you have hun? You say you don't like it? I have a Cameleon but fancy a Bee but I'm already on my 3rd one :blush: xx

i got in to baby wearing late on with Holly i bought a standard one from mothercare and it gave me back ache i have now purchased a lifft sling and she sit on my hip and have hands free to do other stuff. and her weight is spread out and don't get backache! if going on long journeys i take pushchair and can fit the sling in my bag as folds quite small so if she want to be carried i can whip her in the sling! have decided to go for complete baby wearing for my next baby as now more aware off whats available!

Personally I still use my pram a lot, I've tried lots of different slings but Sofia is a real fusser who likes her space and after a while she'll get annoyed. Also we're often out for long times so she'll need somewhere to sleep. I always take both with me.

hope this helps

sara

xxxxx

What travel system do you have hun? You say you don't like it? I have a Cameleon but fancy a Bee but I'm already on my 3rd one :blush: xx

i've got a M&P pliko pramette and hate it!!! i really really want a Bee in yellow!!!

i love my pram so i still use it lots, if its a nice day and im out by myself i usually use the sling, or if im going somewhere that i cant get the pram, but i always worry its going to rain and leyla will get soaked, wheras in her pram there is her raincover and she can stay all dry and dnuggly

x

I used both. I did get the car seat/stroller combo and glad I did. Hunter was born in July and it was very hot out, so for the first couple of walks we used the stroller. Which also comes in handy if you're shopping and you have a place to put the bags or if you're at a fair or something. I use the carriers more for around the house or when we're out and we dont' need a stroller. I would say that I have used both my carriers and stroller equally.

I do a combination of sling and stroller depending on what we are doing, where we are going and how long we'll be out. I've even been known to carry Edward in the sling and put all his "junk" in the stroller :rofl:

My Mom and Husband prefer the stroller when they are out and about for any length of time with Edward although my Mom is getting more and more comfortable with the sling :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->