Babywearing Issues

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
So I bought a Wilkinet before he was born and it's great for DH to use when we're both here but I haven't attempted it yet and it seems to very much be a 2 person job.

So then I bought a babasling but LO wouldn't lie down in it, he'll only do the upright facing me, only he can't support his head properly and so I have to do it for him so it isn't hands free.

So then I bought the cheap £10 Hauck Winnie the Pooh one but it doesn't have a waist strap like it appeared in the picture and it KILLS my back.

Will the babasling get easier to use as he gets bigger/older? Does practise make perfect with the Wilkinet? I looked at the Connecta and the Roses & Rebellion but they're so expensive I can't justify it and there are none on ebay. I really want to wear him regularly but nothing seems to agree with us :dohh:

While hes still teeny a stretchy wrap wil suit him just perfect and you can get a decent one from as little as £25 second hand.
I have a basic stretchy wrap with skull and crossbones ends your more than welcome to borrow if you like ? pm me if you want to give it a go ! x

He's 8 weeks and 13lbs, would he still be OK with one?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/verynearlynothing/SS853099.jpg
This is my daughter in it just before christmas so she will have been just over 2 months old here :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44snbbszTps
What i did when she was teeny is tie it all up nice and tight and then pop her in, if you have a look on that video you can see how the matieral goes under babies legs from both sides so its nice and secure and baby cant go anywhere but gets a nice snuggle :)

My babyhawk as done us from birth and will do for many many months to come x

I'd highly recommend a stretch wrap for the age of your baby! Something like a Moby or the one Scatterpatch is offering to lend you!

x

Thanks ladies, I'm watching some close baby carriers on ebay but if they all skyrocket in price (as they often do) then I've already PM'd scatterpatch so I can make an informed decision before forking out a fortune!

I'd just get a Moby Wrap. There are positions so the baby's head is supported. They go up to 36 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->