Babywearing Issues

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by Kitten, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

So I bought a Wilkinet before he was born and it's great for DH to use when we're both here but I haven't attempted it yet and it seems to very much be a 2 person job.

So then I bought a babasling but LO wouldn't lie down in it, he'll only do the upright facing me, only he can't support his head properly and so I have to do it for him so it isn't hands free.

So then I bought the cheap £10 Hauck Winnie the Pooh one but it doesn't have a waist strap like it appeared in the picture and it KILLS my back.

Will the babasling get easier to use as he gets bigger/older? Does practise make perfect with the Wilkinet? I looked at the Connecta and the Roses & Rebellion but they're so expensive I can't justify it and there are none on ebay. I really want to wear him regularly but nothing seems to agree with us :dohh:

2. scatterpatch

scatterpatch Well-Known Member

While hes still teeny a stretchy wrap wil suit him just perfect and you can get a decent one from as little as £25 second hand.
    I have a basic stretchy wrap with skull and crossbones ends your more than welcome to borrow if you like ? pm me if you want to give it a go ! x

3. Kitten

He's 8 weeks and 13lbs, would he still be OK with one?

4. scatterpatch

scatterpatch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is my daughter in it just before christmas so she will have been just over 2 months old here :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44snbbszTps
    What i did when she was teeny is tie it all up nice and tight and then pop her in, if you have a look on that video you can see how the matieral goes under babies legs from both sides so its nice and secure and baby cant go anywhere but gets a nice snuggle :)

5. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

My babyhawk as done us from birth and will do for many many months to come x

6. lauriech

lauriech Well-Known Member

I'd highly recommend a stretch wrap for the age of your baby! Something like a Moby or the one Scatterpatch is offering to lend you!

x

7. Kitten

Thanks ladies, I'm watching some close baby carriers on ebay but if they all skyrocket in price (as they often do) then I've already PM'd scatterpatch so I can make an informed decision before forking out a fortune!

8. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

I'd just get a Moby Wrap. There are positions so the baby's head is supported. They go up to 36 lbs.