Back again and I feel like I'm learning something new everyday

Jamie0987

Reaction score
I ovulated early or so it would seem when I look at my menstrual cycle app but I was wondering if that's just a rough estimation. I know there's a week where you can possibly become fertile but then there's that one day that's dark green and it say OVULATION DAY. It's normal to have your ovulation day anywhere in that week right? My other question is can you go from watery, silky, not so stick cm to ovulation cm in a thirteen hour period. I woke up this morning and checked, I had cloudy, and watery cm and then about a half hour ago (it's 11 at night here) I checked again and my cm is egg white and it stretches without breaking (kind of just droops like puddy...sorry tmi!) and I can feel it (again, tmi I'm sorry). That's how I knew I ovulated last month, I didn't check the consistency but I definitely noticed a change in my body from one day to the next. We bd on the 2nd and 3rd (three times total in those two days)...are my chance looking good for positive, SHE isn't suppose to show up until the end of the month.

Apps aren't accurate unless you have a text book ovulation and luteal phase, have you considering trying ovulation predictor kits to tell you when you really ovulate??

My understanding is that EWCM is a pretty good sign. Definitely BD when you get it. Apps are just predicting based on your previous information. They aren't very accurate unless your cycles are really consistent. It's more of a guideline.

Re: OPKs... Everything I have read says that they are very accurate in predicting your LH surge which is the best way to know when your O date is coming. Usually you will O 24-48 hours after your first positive OPK. You can get them in any drug store but they are way cheaper online.

Good luck!

Hi there,

Everyone is different of course but I rarely had text book cm and so charted AND used opk's to narrow down O date. At first I just used opk's but I would sometimes get 3 or 4 in a row that were positive and then had to scratch my head later and try to figure out if I maximized my chances since O can happen up to 2 days after your last positive opk:wacko: When you see how many threads there are with titles about multiple positive opk's on this forum it's easy to see why a combination of approaches works best:thumbup:

I initially tried one of those apps you are referencing but as Katherine mentioned they are designed for women with textbook O dates and no irregularities in their cycles so I moved on to charting my bbt so I'd no exactly what was going on and when...no guessing!

It sounds like you probably covered you bases either way but maybe consider charting your bbt and also using opk's and then you would really have covered your bases as far as knowing for sure! Good luck and hope you get your bfp!

Thank you everyone who responded. I bought ovulation tests today and took one. It was negative but my cm hasn't changed so maybe O is coming. Bbt is your temp right? I'm definitely not paying attention to my app anymore as I obviously am not text book. I see that a lot of people are charting, do anyone of you recommend a specific site?

Thank you everyone who responded. I bought ovulation tests today and took one. It was negative but my cm hasn't changed so maybe O is coming. Bbt is your temp right? I'm definitely not paying attention to my app anymore as I obviously am not text book. I see that a lot of people are charting, do anyone of you recommend a specific site?

I used Fertility Friend as well as a lot of the women on here whoyou see posting their charts. It's free and it has a nifty phone app version so you can enter your bbt easily in the AM if you keep your phone by your bed. It also has a nice tutorial for beginners you may want to take a peek at. Good luck!

Ovulation predicting apps usually just give you the general time frame of when you should be about to ovulate. But within the week it predicts is probably your closest best. As for the CM, that is definitely the fertile kind. And yes you can go right from watery cm to fertile cm, 13 hours is plenty of time to be producing that kind, considering the egg is only released for 12-24 hours I would imagine that it could come up at any time! My ovulation week started today so im planning on getting busy. Hopefully we see some BFPs this month. :) best of luck to you. XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->