back again for the forseeable

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
So, after a long heart to heart (and many tears from me) with the hubby last night I've decided to come back here until I can get under the 20 stone mark. I'm so unbelievably terrified of getting pregnant at this size and know I would never ever forgive myself if I had complications as a result of this.

I've always had a problem with my weight and find that slimming world (when I properly concentrate) works wonders. Things have been difficult lately. Issues with family. Moving house. And I've not been focusing on the weight loss like I should have been.

So, the plan for now is to work on losing 82lbs so that I can get under that elusive 20 stone mark.

If I can lose 2.5lb a week, I could feasibly lose this weight by christmas, but I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself as the goal in itself is enough to keep me motivated and not freak myself out.

So, I just thought I would say hi (again) as I start my wtt journey :hi:

EmmyReece - hugs! You are doing the best thing for you and for your future baby :)
I have struggled with weight most of my life and I have PCOS. After I had my daughter I had to take medication to increase milk supply and I used it as an excuse to eat more and not very healthy foods - well I got mine... I ended up at 221lbs!!! and it is taking forever to lose!!! The only thing that ha helped me (I have lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks) was cutting out processed foods, most carbs, increasing the protein and good fats and drinking more fluids - I also just had repeat bloodwork and it looks MUCH better!!! and the best part is I feel better!!!
Don't lose hope and go towards your goal in a way that you can keep up through your pregnancy and after! My husband and I are planning to TTC in late December but if I am not at 185 or less by then, I will delay TTC - Pregnancy was HARD on my body and I was 179 when I got pregnant with my daughter, so I can only imagine how awful and achey I will feel if I have to endure all of that at my current weight!!!
Good luck in your journey!

I think while we wtt as well we're going to build our savings account up ready for a new car. Our current car is a Citroen Picasso, but because of the underfloor storage we're not able to use the isofix on it like we would want. So the plan is to save for a car that we know doesn't have this storage.

I agree, you're doing what's best for you and your future children. I hope you're able to meet your goal quickly! Trying to lose weight while under stress makes it even more difficult, but just remember why you're working hard and the end result. Good luck! :hugs:

That's a great idea to have something else to focus on as well!

I'm sort of in the same boat. I want to lose at least 3 stone before we start trying for our third. I'm doing slimming world as well and have lost 1 1/2 stone since February. I wish you all the luck with it! Slimming world is fab x

Hi emmy!

Sounds like you've made a very responsible decision and its great if you have already found something that works for you with slimming world. :thumbup:

There's quite a few of us trying to get fit and/or lose weight so you will have plenty of support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->