back again......

pcsoph2890

Reaction score
In 2013 I went through an icsi and beyond our wildest dreams we had a baby February 2014.

We have decided that we want to try again with our 3 frozen ones.

Not sure what the procedure will be either natural or medicated again.

Plus in April I will be 40 and the success rates are vastly less than if I was 39. It is approx 10% take home live baby rate.
But I'm going in with a very realistic view that we have been beyond lucky falling pregnant on our first icsi go, anything else will be a miracle. But I know the chances of success is very low.
If our little girl is meant to be an only child then so be it!!

Is anyone else going through a FET cycle after a successful first go?

I dont know as im very new to all of this, but ill be 43 and my doctor told me I have a 15 percent chance. My only problem is blocked tubes so im really hoping we only need to do this once. 5 percent more may make you feel better. Knowing you took the first time last time actually makes me feel better :)
When will you be starting everything. I start meds on the following thursday, one after this so Im nervous, scared. Oh my, all the feeling I felt getting pregnant with my first child yrs ago. Did not know it would be all the same uneasy feelings. I thought since it would be a controlled environment i would feel more at ease.

good luck hun. Do you mind if i follow?

Hello again, well we have our consultation end of Feb, so we'll know more after that. But as its over a year since we got treated we both have to undergo all the HIV, hep b/c etc tests again, which cost £££makes me appreciate the nhs we got the first time.

I am actually very nervous about starting it all again tbh. All the uncertainties, nerves, rethinking every twinge, sign my body makes.
But I'm unsure whether cause I took first go and had a really easy pregnancy and ivf cycle whether the odds are better.

Then had a good look at the web site that they advise that we defrost two eggs in case one doesn't defrost properly. I really don't want to carry twins as the financial and physical aspects (Nov if it happened naturally I'd be fine, but purposefully I'm not sure) but if they defrost ok then what happens to that other egg - will we waste one if we don't put it in - they are priceless to me and I can't just "throw it away" that is potentially a brother or sister to my daughter.

Aarrgghhh I just forgot how emotional this all is!!!!

I know what your talking about, just told OH that i'm not so happy about the possibility of twins, physically and financially. If it happens of course we will love it to pieces, but I would prefer a singleton. I'm getting one fresh cycle and one frozen and the doctor puts in two at a time to to and make sure one makes it. Least to say I'm nervous on all ends and have the very same concerns as you.

Is this your first "go"?? My hubby is quite up for the idea of twins and is very much "we'd sort it" if it did happen - i'm not quite sharing his enthusiam about it at this moment in time. I'm just letting the practicailites such as child care costs, furniture costs, pushchair/carseat costs get in the way of everything.
Then we got the letter from the clinic saying as it is over 12 months since our last treatment we both have to go through the HIV/hep c & b etc tests again at £40 a pop, so i know nothing has changed since last time - but a bit annoying - but they won't do treatment until they are done.

I actually found the ivf part very easy. I found the injections OK, no symptoms at all, not even emotional. The last injection to mature the eggs though was a nightmare as the button at the end wouldnt work and both myself and the hubby were struggling to get it to work, thinking what the hell do we do if it doesn't work and do we run to the hosptial to try to get a replacment one etc?? It was the emotional journey before we got into the system that i struggled with. I would cry all the time, every advert on tv was babies, everyone was having babies, everyone was announcing being pregnant - which is why i never told anyone bar those i dorectly worked with i was pregnant, even people were shocked that i announced the start of my maternity leave that i was pregnant as i just appreciated other people were struggling and didn't want me posting every 5 minutes about every niggles/ache/pain etc.
But throughout the pregnancy i was always very non excitable thinking ..... right it's a positive i'll wait to be happy when i have the 8week scan, then it was no i'll wait to be happy at the 12 weeks scan, then 20 weeks scan, then 24week viable if born early, then 38 weeks considered full term, then no wait til the baby is actually born and in my arms and ok then i'll be happy.... It's such a wierd rollercoaster...

I had i remember about 2 weeks off work in total from before transfer to going back to work, and i thought personally that really helped. I took it easy the first day, but then i just carried on a usual after that - i was told by my nurse that it was akin to a grain of rice inbetween a peanut butter sandwich - it's not a vacuous space in there for it to just drop out either.

Plus i know this is wierd i knew my grandpa who dies years ago was on my side and "helping" things stick where they should - i just can't quite explain it and it's something that i kept very much to myself, but i know he is sort of my guardian angel looking out for me!

And i knew that i WOULD become a mum - i didnlt know by what method or path i'd be taking but i seriously knew i would be a mum one day - so that made me be a lot more relaxed when it did happen and i got that very faint first positive pregnancy test at 7dpo, then every other day until day 13 it kept getting darker and darker....

These are the questions i want to ask the consultant when we see them:
- am i more likely to get pregnant again as i took first time last time
- if you defrost two eggs at a time, if both survive can one be refrozen again, rather than destroyed or not used?
- actual costs of it all
- medicated or natural cycle transfer
- length of time for it to happen
- when could it happen (if we plan it it could be roughly the same time as we did it for our daughter, so they could be born at the same time.... plus/minus about that not quite sure

Hi pscoph!! Back at it again huh? Me too! I just got confirmed I was pregnant after my first round of ivf for a 2nd baby!! Good luck Hun!!

Hey stacergirl....... Wow hello again!!!

Did you do full round again??

I sure did!! Started the cycle dec 26 and am now awaiting my 7 week ultrasound on my first sons birthday!!

When are you looking to start again? I bet FET are much easier than the full cycle? We unfortunately didn't have any to freeze the first time or this time.

Those are great question too ask. Went in for my baseline today and I was told I start one med wed. and another two Friday.
So nervous. I also screwed up. I have one unfrozen cycle and then two frozen, but with the meds being nearly 5000 a pop, I am really hoping this bugger works the first time round. Just talking about the meds and showing how made my head spin...LOL
Wow, blood work is only 40 pounds? Here it was a few thousand. I want to move by you.

My Oh is that it will work out if it is twins as well. Yes this is my first time, tried clomid a few times and had my son naturally quit a bit back.

Skatergirl - that's amazing..... Well we have the consultation on the 23rd Feb, so with our daughter we started the cycle on the 23rd April and I think the egg went in on the 25th May so we could be looking at the same timescales.
I was eager a week after having Eve to get cracking again I really wanted yo get pregnant again straight away - but in hindsight it was probably a better idea. (Just as I've lost all my pregnancy weight)

Boobear - where are you based?? Yeah I never appreciAted the NHS before but they have given me my miracle daughter so I owe everything to it!!!

Oh it is beautiful there from what I read up on it. One of my very best friends is living in Scotland these days as well, We been to visit. The UK is so beautiful, super friendly as well. Cant want to go back one day.

Wow - hopefully you are both getting better weather than me atm.

Skatergitl - did you have the scan yet?

Hi, I did, I had it today but unfortunately it wasn't good news. There was nothing there. I guess 1 of the 2 embryos took and started to grow but then stopped. I'm so bummed!! :( it's just not fair!

Pcos-Have you started the process again?

oh skatergirl, i'm gutted for you.

I really am prepared for it not working again as we were far too lucky last time. We cannot be that lucky again - and if Eve is meant to be an only child, she will be the most spoilt, loved adored little girl you can imagine.

We have our appt with the consultant on the 23rd feb to discuss it all, costs, procedures etc then i have to have all the usual blood tests again for HIV, Hep b/c etc, so as soon as i get those done hopefully we can give it a whirl.
Eve was "conceived" 23rd May, so we could be looking at very similar dates if we go ahead with this one/two (i'm kinda err'ing towards putting two back in even though i have LOTS of worries about it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->