Back brace in pregnancy?

littlekitten8

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I developed Scoliosis when i was 13 and was on alot of painkillers for it til I was about 18. Narrowly avoided being put into a back brace and only really because I kicked up such a fuss about not wanting one. Now that I am pregnant I am finding that my back pain is worse and also my back is constantly clicking and crunching. Have been referred for physio but am concerned that they might want to put me into a brace as pregnancy can make the curvature worse. Have not had a spinal xray since I was 13 so not sure how much worse my curve had gotten since then.

Has anyone else got any experience with this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

hi, i have been having trouble with upper and lower backpain for over a year, as well as pain in my pelvis and numbness and tingling in my leg. after an MRI and spinal assessment i have been told i have a tilted pelvis, which means i have pretty much constant hip pain and numbness in my leg, i have also been told that i have Scoliosis too in my spine, which is an "S" shape apparently...am pretty peeved off that this wasnt diagnosed sooner! as i am now 27.

like you, i too am worrying about what effects my pregnancy will have on my back pain...

i would go see your doc about your scoliosis, as pregnancy is bound to make it alot worse for you hun...

take care x :hug:

Sorry hon, I don't have any real advice for you.
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

The misalignment of my spine is down to the reconstruction of my leg... just trying to get to grips with managing these early changes without the support of the medication I was on. I'm sure I'll figure out the workaround soon ;)

Hope it all goes well for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->