back from antenatal and really, really gutted. *huge moan alert*

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by lilwelsh1, Jun 1, 2011.

1. lilwelsh1

lilwelsh1 3 happy kids+2 angels

my last growth scan revealed baby was ahead for my dates. I was really smug that this baby was going to be a good size and i would be discharged from the consultant in due course.

How wrong was i? Went today and shes measuring 3 weeks behind on everything! :-( i'm soooo sad, they were really concerned and to be fair i am too, my babies have NEVER measured that far behind before. A week or 2 on abdomen but never head and belly. In 4 weeks shes managed to barely grow. :-( her head has grown from 29+2 to 30+4 for example.

I also had a lot of sugar in my urine and no one seemed alarmed, maybe its not a cause for concern :shrug: ?

Anyway, im back for a scan in 2 weeks to c whats what. I gotta c the midwife next week now so im being seen by 1 care giver a week. Lots of running around for me, given the regular b12 injections. Im so tired and now disappointed, i just know they'll be discussing early induction and park assessment clinic n so on. I just wanted this pregnancy to be my own now it feels like the consultants and doctors r in charge.

Sorry for the moan, there is good stuff in this. The blood supply is strong from placenta to baby AND my dd got to c her baby sis on the screen and the look of excitment on her face was lovely. Just wish i had recieved better news to round off the morning.

Thanks to anyone who read this :) xx

2. blodyn82

blodyn82 Pregnant mother of one

Don't worry, Scans can vary greatly as no two radiographers ar as accurate as each other - if you are worried see if they'll do another in a few weeks.

Also let your midwife know that you're feeling as if decisions are being taken out of your hands, they'll make sure you have more of a say in what happens to you and the choices availabe. I say this as my consultant wanted me to be hospitalised and have C-section from 34 weeks. I asked if there was anything else i could do as dislike hospitals - he said just take really easy - no stress. I went to 38 weeks at home and had a natural delivery too.

You are in control, just let them know it :) x

3. lilwelsh1

they r doing another scan in 2 weeks anyway to measure baby and check progress, i'm just disappointed that shes so small. My other 2 werent that small. Its the same consultant and the same equipment as all my kids, i knew my bump was small but im tall and have wide hips so my bump doent need to stick out. I wont be too afraid to turn down anything im not comfortable with this time. I wont be spending a week in hospital like i had to on my first cuz i have other kids to think about now, its just annoying that stuff has changed so much :-/

4. scuffer

scuffer Mum to 3 lovely boys!

Sorry to hear about this, I hope you're OK. Try not to worry x

5. lilwelsh1

thanks hun, im not worried as much as im just plain gutted. I didnt want any fuss, but u know what they get like, controlling everything and over analysing :-(

6. Lauki

Lauki Mummy and newly pregnant!

Sorry to hear :(. Hope everything will turn out fine and you'll have a healthy baby in 7 weeks! :hugs:!

7. Lettuce

Lettuce Getting better at this...

:hugs: here's hoping for a good growth spurt in the next 2weeks. Xxx

8. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

totally off topic. But are you havin baby at the gwent?x

9. lilyanne

lilyanne Mom & Pregnant with #2

10. lilwelsh1

yes i am. I want to switch to neville hall now lol. I didnt like the care i recieved at the gwent when i had my DD, but my son came so fast i didnt think i'd make the 13 mile trip up there with this one. So i opted gwent :-( but if i end up with an early induction i rather be looking out at the valleys than the hideous green buses and traffic jams of newport :haha:

11. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

just brought back memorys. I gave birth to my dd at the gwent. Spent a lot of time at park. I started at nevil hall as i worked there. And i switched to the gwent. As they where so rude at nevil hall. I cant fault the care at the gwent. Very well looked after. But i do agree would rather the valleys than newport buses lol.

12. lilwelsh1

thats a shame they were rude at neville hall, i cant fault the experience i had there they were so attentive and kind.

At the gwent i kept being treated by students, which i didnt mind to start with then 2 of them used lates gloves after i insisted i was allergic and they were adamant the gloves were latex free. Well the swelling that came soon after (luckily i react slowly) proved them wrong. They werent the only problems i had but that one was the scariest.

My sister had an amazing experience down the gwent too so maybe i just got unlucky. :shrug: