Back from hospital (again)

Eoz

Mummy of 5! Eeek!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies.Thank you for your kind words on the November thread.

I have news all be it a bit upsetting.I was admitted back in to hospital again as my midwife finally saw something was very wrong.I was kept in delivery suite all night and was put on the c section list as baby wasn't moving and had a slow heartbeat.Babys heartbeat picked up thank god and we got movement but my Iron levels were very low and I was still getting the pains and fluid loss.Well they took me upstairs to a ward to observe me.They weighed me and as I thought I have lost nearly half a stone.The baby was measuring 31 weeks so I was booked in for a scan finally.Well got through the night all be it in pain and really upset due to the worry.I saw a doctor the next day who said they will induce me at 38 weeks as this can't go on anymoreThey were saying it was to do with this grumpy womb thing they diagnosed before.I was relived as it gave me a bit of piece of mind and a bit less worry but was told we still had the scan to get through.

Well I went for my scan and that is where it all went wrong.The baby is very small.Its below the 3rd line which is cause for concern.I have lost a third of my water and the placenta has started to not feed the baby.The sonographer had to get a doctor to come down and decide what to do.
Because the baby is moving and heartbeat is ok they have decided to give me a week and have another scan but if no progress at all then I will be induced immediatley.If some progress then they will get me to 37 weeks and then get baby out.But I will have a tiny baby who will need special care for a bit.I'm lucky it's only 4 weeks early and not earlier unlike some poor mummys and babys.

I am very angry that no one listened to me.I have lost weight,the baby had slowed down in movements and size,I was feeling sick,I had a bleed,I had lost fluid.But in a odd sort of way I am relieved as we now have answers.I wish I had been told I was anaemic months ago because obviously the baby was taking what it could from me and leaving me drained hence me not eating and feeling so crap.I now have to see the midwife every other day to check heart beat and monitor movements all the time.I'm a bloody wreck now but at least it's only 1/2 weeks to go.

I have just gone to Mothercare and bought a few tiny baby things and I have had to rearrange the child care arrangements and get my car Tax'd and M.O.T'd now rather than end of month.My head is all over the place but at least I know things are in hand.My OH is a mess he is scared after he read Sarah's tragic story.I'm reassuring him as it won't be that bad but I suppose I can never say no for sure as things have declined so badly in the last 4 weeks.

I will keep you all posted and I will text my buddies if anything happens.Sorry November mummys looks like I could beat you!I hope you all are well and resting as much as you can xxxx

Oh and I would like to add that a mothers instinct is always right.If you feel something is wrong DO NOT leave it.I'm glad I kept nagging even though I was close to giving up.

thinking off you , my pleasenter stoped working probley around 28 weeks and they induced at 37weeks and i have little harry he wad 3lb 13oz your be fine :hugs::hug: goodluck hun:hugs:big:hug:

Awww... Hope everything turns out ok... How big did they say your baby was? Did they check the babies lung function etc?

I am only measuring 30cm and was told my baby was "very small" (by the tech, not my dr yet) at 5lbs 8oz... So im just wondering out of curiosity.

:hug:

this is terrible honey, why won't they listen to us? hope all goes well over these next couple of weeks. xx

:hugs: Good luck hun.

I'm sure LO will be fine, glad you both now being looked after so closely.
Take care and rest lots. x

Awww... Hope everything turns out ok... How big did they say your baby was? Did they check the babies lung function etc?

I am only measuring 30cm and was told my baby was "very small" (by the tech, not my dr yet) at 5lbs 8oz... So im just wondering out of curiosity.

They saying it's about 4lb maybe a bit smaller but will get a proper weight on Weds.Lung function is ok and not a lot of water round baby.Baby is ok but not doing what a 35 week baby should.heartbeat slightly slow and movements definitley reduced.

5lb 8oz is pretty good and you got a bit longer left yet so hope it picks up more for you xxx

They saying it's about 4lb maybe a bit smaller but will get a proper weight on Weds.Lung function is ok and not a lot of water round baby.Baby is ok but not doing what a 35 week baby should.heartbeat slightly slow and movements definitley reduced.

5lb 8oz is pretty good and you got a bit longer left yet so hope it picks up more for you xxx

they just do the best they can as they said at my last scan same day they startede me off that baby wad 4lb 2oz but he was 3lb 13oz when i had him ,he is 5 weeks now and 5lb :hugs:

Hope it gets better Darl .. Good Luck with everything :hug:

Well good luck! I hope she picks up for you. I hope she weighs more for you too at your scan on Weds!

Oh hunnie I just txt u how odd ??? Glad something is being done now but really annoys me that they just don't seem to listen to mums xxxxx Txt me if u need me :) Hugs to you hubby and family xxxx

Hoping all turns out well for you darling xxxx:hug:

I'm sorry for your upsetting news and wish you all the best of luck for things to keep progressing so your baby can arrive as late as possible. I'm glad they have now picked up on things so you will be taken care of. Take care of yourself too!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: sorry to hear it wasn't good news hun. Thank God they are FINALLY listening to you. I have everything crossed for you that babs puts on some more oz. and they can leave it as long as poss till c-section. Keep in touch and lots of big hugs x

Good luck honey, hope everything goes well for you x x

You have had such a hard time of it hon, I can't wait until this baby is born safe and well xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->