Back from hospital - update

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Per16, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Per16

Per16 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, went for my emergency scan on Fri and they admitted me due to the growth on right side the suspected ectopic pregnancy, they monitored me and have now booked me in for another scan on monday, they are then going to decide whether to operate or not, I dont want this to happen as it may result in a 'spontanious abortion' which is what I dont want :cry: I am so confused about what to do, should I deny the surgery? Does anyone know about going under anasthetic while being pregnant and the risks?

What a thing :cry:

2. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

oh hun dont know what to say to you sendin you loads of hugs xxx

3. Jolinar

Jolinar Mummy to Nic

:hugs: I'm really sorry to hear that, unfortunately if it is ectopic and its left alone it can be life threatening to you, so denying the surgery doesn't make sense. My thoughts are with you. Keep us updated.

4. Nickij

Nickij Mum of 2

Sorry I really don;t know the answers but I am sure the doctors will talk you through your options on Monday. Of course they can;t force you to have any surgery without your consent. But you need to consider all the facts and excatly what you are dealing with.

Unfortunately it may be necessary for them to operate for you to be able to remain healthy, you don't say what sort of growth this may be?

I hope that everything goes well for you on monday and that its good news. Keep us updated. x x x

5. Samantha87

Samantha87 Well-Known Member

Oh hun :hugs: I dont have much advice in this area ..other then to wish you the best of luck

6. Aria

Aria Guest

Honey, you have to weigh the risks. Sometimes there's a higher chance of losing the baby by not doing a procedure. If it's ectopic, there's a nearly a 100% chance of losing the pregnancy, and a good chance of you dying as well.