Back From Hospital ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirstyW1990

Expecting My First :)
Reaction score
I seen the midwife and told her how unhappy I was with the care I had been given and she tried to tell me that I was imagining things!!

She basically told me that as im only 19 i have a tendency to worry and I was basically being a silly little girl! I told her that I was very insulted and how dare she speak to me like that just because I was younger than her, even though im 19 im a hell of a lot older than a lot of girls that came in there (no offence to anyone) and at least I cared about my child unlike her!

I then spoke to the senior in there and she was unhappy about the way I had been treated aswell and offered to do my examination herself, she used the doppler and the babys heartrate is quite low so they are going to keep an eye on me, Im going back 2moro for some more tests..

As for the sh*t MW im taking action against her and hopefully she will lose her job.

The senior poked around for quite a while and the baby started moving ever so slightly but were still not sure whats going on, the hospital seem very scared at the amount of action im going to take against them so im looking forward to being treated like a princess up there from now on!

Again thanks for all your messages of support and ill keep you all updated on how i am getting on :)

That is excellent news! Still a little worrying on the movement front, but at least you're being treated better now.

I'm not sure if you've been through your other thread, but as well as writing a formal complaint to the Supervisor of Midwives for your hospital you should also get in touch with AIMS (Association for Improvements in the Maternity Services) for advice and support over this. AIMS is massively supportive for people being given below-par antenatal/midwifery service or hassle.

So pleased you're ok x

That's awful Hun I was in hospital over weekend and was always referred to as the young lassy even though I'm 23 and look older lol. I didn't get the best care and attention but they were so busy I felt sorry for the mw's xxx

Your dead right speaking up for yourself hun! Everyone deserves the same level of care regarless of age or anything else for that matter! fair play to you!. And good luck with your further tests xxx

Was you put on the ctg machine? If the trace wasnt good enougb im surprised they didnt keep you in..

Hope all goes ok tomorrow x

Hi honey :hugs:

Good news :hugs: Good luck with the further tests tomorrow :hugs:

Age has nothing to do with it (infact I reckon that older people tend to get more anxious than younger people - so what the MW said was completely rubbish).

You cannot be too careful (ever) when pregnant: ANY concern, then get it checked out (but avoid the MW - with a serious concern - and go straight to hospital). Don't let them fob you off with anything...

Temper the annoyance with remembering that you "catch more flies with honey than vinegar": generallly (once you have your point across about deserving as much respect and consideration as anyone older than you), being an angel gets you a lot further in life... :winkwink:

Take care :hugs:

QT

glad things seem to be ok....so suprised tho that they didnt do a scan on you especially as babys heart rate was quite slow.

What time are you back there tomorrow?

xxx

i think it was just strong enough for me to be sent home, if i was unsure i would have stayed put myself but it seemed ok just lower than usual the baby wont budge for me but the senior annoyed bubs so much i think it eventually gave in n moved an arm lol xx

glad everything is okay.

strange they didn't keep you in considering you haven't felt movement for a week and the heart beat is low. I would have thought this would have classed as emergency/high risk.?

i hope everything is okay.

so happy for you that everything appears to be ok, have been checking your thread for the last hour or so trying to see if you had posted. I know what you mean about the age thing, im 19 too and it seems i get less respect, i tend to take my mum with me now as i get more respect when shes with me
keep us informed though :D

good news hope ll is ok.....good on you for telling that midwife silly cow all the best hun xxxx

i will thank you :) everyones been really nice n ive only been registered with this site a week or so lol im really grateful :) my appointment is at 10 tommorrow morning xx

glad everything is okay.

strange they didn't keep you in considering you haven't felt movement for a week and the heart beat is low. I would have thought this would have classed as emergency/high risk.?

i hope everything is okay.

Thats what I thought, you're normally given a scan to check blood flow and things.

Keep us updated

i think they are goin to do that when i get all my tests done 2moro :)

I'm glad you took action. Age discrimination is not acceptable and hopefully now you will get the care you deserve!

I'm glad it wasn't bad news :hugs: And good on you for sticking up for yourself! I think that I would have been a coward at 19 and not said anything. I can't believe how she treated you.

i know i was very insulted, most MWsare very understanding and i have a full time job its not as if i cant support the child, i have my own house, i live with my boyfriend and ill be 20 in february so even though im 19 im not actually that young lol my bfs 24, its just shocking how people only see the age and discriminate xx

Glad everything went ok and good luck with the tests tomorrow.

I don't think your midwife acted correctly and appears negligent. Being 19 years old doesn't mean you can't tell if something is wrong with your baby.

I don't care if a woman is 13 or 50, if she tells her mw that her baby hasn't moved for a WEEK she should be seen immediately!! :growlmad:

I have to say I am appalled at the way you have been treated!
No movement for over a week + low heart rate and they send you home and tell you to come back tomorrow?

Then baby moves an arm and your good to go? WTF?

They should have kept you in...what if theres something wrong (dont want to scare you btw) but surely low heart rate and no/very little movement in a week should prompt them to investigate further...like today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back