Back from my 1st Midwife Appt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by sam040509, Oct 7, 2008.

1. sam040509

sam040509 Mum of 4 beautiful kids!

Had my first visit to the midwife today and i think it went ok. I have to go back tomorrow morning for a Glucose Tolerance Test as i had a previous 10lb 10oz baby. She asked lots of questions regarding previous pregnancies and has put me under the 'high risk' catergory due to previous complications... Two prev caesareans- one for oblique lie and one for placenta praevia, 2 previous high risk nuchal tests both which resulted in amnio, and secondary infertility leading to a hysteroscopy & laproscopy.
    My weight, BMI & BP was all fine. I was told that i would need a consultant review after my 12 week scan incase of a high risk result, i just hope and pray that it comes back low risk.
    I have to make my next midwife appt for 18 weeks. That seems like a big gap in between appts, its still 2 months away! Did anyone else have such a long gap in between 1st & 2nd appts??

:hug: Sam x

2. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

Gosh im trying to remember what it was with my others.........somthing like once a month for the first and most of the second trimester then once a fortnight for a bit, then once a week for the last month but i was Low risk.
    If your worried cant you ask for another appointment for a check up in between.......surly she'd understand.

By the way glad it went ok xxxxx

3. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

My m/w came out on the 26th september and my next one is 9th november x

4. sam040509

sam040509 Mum of 4 beautiful kids!

I was wondering if it was because i had my scan in between, do they count that as another antenatal appt? Do they do other tests like blood, urine, BP on the day of the scan?? I really can't remember how it works!
    It will still be 6 weeks from my scan to my next appt tho and i thought we were meant to be seen every 4 weeks!? i'm confused! :confused: