Back From Paintballing

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Chris77, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Chris77

Chris77 Mommy to PJ and Gavin

Wow, what an experience! lol First off, let me say that there were SUPPOSED to be other women there but they all bailed out at the last minute (which I wasn't aware of until the last minute) so I was the ONLY GIRL in a group of about 60 guys!!! So needless to say, I was uncomfortable from the beginning, but carried on. THEN, when I was renting the camo jumpsuits, I ripped the zippers on BOTH suits because my boobs are too darn big. :dohh: After I ripped the zipper on the second one, DH goes up to Staff and says, "Dude, come on she has boobs, she needs something bigger." :rofl: :rofl: So, the guy hands me a 1X :dohh: It fit - barely but at least I didn't break any zippers. :rofl: Ok, so we got our guns and paintballs and filled our guns and waited to begin. We were divided up into groups and we were led out to the woods where the fields were all donning our masks (that were annoying cumbersome and couldn't breathe) guns, harneses, etc. The alarm sounded and the game began. I got hit immediately while running for cover but still wasn't out as the paintball has to actually splatter on you to be out. So I was still in the game, but in pain. I was running from barricade to barricade skillfully dodging paintballs but being TOTALLY out of breath by the time I got to the next barricade. :dohh: Now mind you, I have a gun that weighs about 10 pounds, a mask and a heavy camo suit, so that didn't really help my energy factor. Anyway, I was trying to stay low while running, tripped and face planted and ended up in the middle of the field where someone unloaded their paint gun on me. :dohh: So, I was "killed" and out of the game. The second games was uneventful as I decided to hang back and protect our flag and since noone got anywhere near the flag (courtesy of like 29 guys spread out strategically) I was safe and didn't get hit, nor did I have fire my gun. The third game - now that was a little more open field wise and soon as the game began we were already being fired upon so I was firing as I was running (again out of breath) I totally lost sight of DH and his friends (who were going to protect me) so ended up behind some barricade with 2 guys I didn't know and didn't make me feel very welcome. I kept trying to fire and see people but those guys kept getting in my eye. I tried to run to another barricade but the other team was firing so heavily (they had machine guns and we didn't) so I knew I wouldn't make it so I tried to 'sneakily' go around the side of the barricade where I once again got clobbered with about 10 paintballs. My hair was all yellow and green! :dohh: So, I was "killed" and once again was out. I was walking out and the staff said, "hold your fire, let her out, dead girl walking she's out.." I'm like thanks for making me feel oooooh so good myself. :dohh: After this (it was about 2 hours by now) I had had enough and wanted to go home. :rofl: So, we turned in our equipment, got back in the car, got lunch, took a shower and now I"m here. :rofl:

So a couple of lessons learned:

1) Make sure there will be other women going and that they don't bail out on me at the last minute.

2) Get in SHAPE!!!!!!! :dohh:

3) Have a party of 20 so that we aren't with strangers.

All in all it was a very fun morning albeit a little uncomfortable - but also very expensive $120 for the both of us. :dohh: :dohh: I apologized to hubby that we had to leave so early, but I was soooo uncomfortable, equipment to fit quite right, couldn't breathe, was huffing and puffing and had noone to talk to. He understood and said it was okay but I just feel horrible that I made hubby leave.

2. Chris77

omg! The bruises have formed! I have about a handful on my legs. :dohh: :rofl: Good thing it isn't summer anymore or people would think DH beats me. :dohh: :rofl:

3. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

4. miel

miel Married to an amazing guy

next time the gang from BNB should come ....way more girls with you like that !!! i will go to NY to protect you !!! and we can kick ass together !!

5. nkbapbt

nkbapbt Double Preemie Momma

I love paintballing! Except for the time I got shot in the side of my boob....I had the HUGEST bruise ever. Everyone was calling me "blue booby" like the bird...hardy har har !

6. Chris77

Oooooo how awesome would that be!!!!!! :D Sure you can come to NY :D

7. Chris77

OUCH!! :rofl: @ blue booby - smart asses! :dohh: :dohh:

8. hypnorm

hypnorm Well-Known Member

been paint balling once and it bloody hurt! if i even go again i will borrow a chest protector from a horsey friend! and some shin pads!!

9. Chris77

Some knee pads too!! My knees are all red. :dohh: :dohh: