Back here after being in the 2ww need a rant!!

Jamiesmummy25

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 3 year old and would love another child right now, my OH on the other hand wouldn't, he says he would love a brother or sister for our little one but he won't consider it until we are in a better financial position (which could be while). Anyway we had unprotected sex a few weeks ago and since then I swear I have had every pregnancy symptom going!

I went to visit my granny in her care home yesterday with my partner and son. My granny has dementia and it's getting really bad 😟 And I don't think she's going to be around for long. She was recently diagnosed after my grandads passing in 2010. Her parting words to me were 'You need to give him a little brother or sister soon so I can get knitting some cardigans' I gave a little giggle thinking I could already be pregnant as my period was late. My OH knew I was late and the symptoms I was experiencing and asked the previous night if I had taken a pregnancy test, after we discussed the whole I could be pregnant thing he actually made a joke like he was getting used to the idea of me being possibly pregnant.

I took a test this morning which was negative and this afternoon my period arrived so that was me out 😟 I was really upset and proper gutted! Knowing Im back waiting to try until my OH's ready. The thought about what my granny had said yesterday about having another one soon made it worse 😟
I'm just pissed off and frustrated waiting, it was like this before I had my son.. We weren't actively trying for him he just came along and he's the best thing that ever happened to me... I feel so blessed I just wish I could give him a brother or sister just now, I feel he is at such a good age and he would love being a big brother now. My OH got a text from his sister earlier saying she was pregnant and our little boy is going to be a big cousin later this year. Obviously I'm really happy for her and her husband and happy my OH's going to be an uncle. I don't care if this sounds like I'm horrible but I'm also a bit jealous, jealous that I'm not pregnant, jealous that my OH's going to be an uncle and i will never have a proper niece or nephew because I'm an only child.
I think it's my hormones I ve pretty much cried all day and my moods been terrible and to top it off he's banging on about being an uncle and asking if he can use my phone to congratulate his whole family, feels like he's subconsciously or consciously (one of the two) rubbing it in my face. I ve basically spent the evening in a different room so I don't have to hear him going on about it. Sorry for the long rant, don't expect any response I just needed it out!! Probably sounds so nasty but can't help how I honestly feel.

Big hugs! Is there any chance your OH could change his mind? When you thought you were pregnant he said he'd got used to it so surely that shows that he is ready?

I kind of know how you feel. We have a 10 month old DS and my DH wants to wait till he's 1 for various reasons but since Christmas we've been NTNP so I don't really understand what the difference is!!

Have you got a rough date or anything? Tell your granny to start knitting anyway, bit more encouragement for your OH :haha:

Sorry to hear you're so frustrated and don't worry about being jealous - we've all been there! I don't have any advice as I'm still in the same position as you (my LO turns 5 this year) but just wanted you to know you're not alone in feeling the way you do!

:hugs:. You might find that your OH starts thinking more about the positives of having another one now that you've had a pregnancy "scare" and he's been thinking about the possibility of another LO. Hopefully he will decide that he is up for another soon. Also the fact that his sister is pregnant might make him broody- all the wiating for Lo to be born, newborn cuddles, without having to deal with a pregnant OH might him feel extra positive baout it!

Thanks for your replies, I feel slightly better about it today my OH was talking earlier about today and about how cute and excited our little boy was about being told he was going to be a big cousin and how he kept saying 'wow can I feed the baby daddy' lol he such a little cutie, sooo ready for a brother and sister though hopefully with his sister being pregnant like you say makes him change his mind. He still insists the biggest obstacle in the way at the moment is he doesn't have a job and he won't consider it until he's got a job- which don't get me wrong is very sensible but he has nine months and that's me getting pregnant straight away to get a job. NTNP has been discussed a while ago but nope still insists on condoms, I think I might see what his opinion on NTNP is now... Can only try! I really hope that his sisters baby makes him have a rethink. Thanks for the wee bit of advice will raise the subject to him again in a month or so after his sisters scan hopefully he changes his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->