back labor ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by starryeye31, Apr 9, 2009.

1. starryeye31

starryeye31 2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~

so all day ive had a really bad lower backache it hurts all the time but it feels like its a throbbing pain almost like a toothache . does this sound like back labor ?

2. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

Hun i am not sure BUT with u being at risk i would ring and get checked out :hugs:

3. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Hmm.. my back labour started when I was pushing, and it felt.. absolutely terrible. I couldn't put any pressure on my back because the pain was so intense, felt crampy sort of and just.. intensely painful

4. starryeye31

Thanks hun , I called my doc and he told me to take tylenol if that dont help come in or he said I could come in anyway to get checked out , he didnt seem to worried about it as Im not having many contractions , But I am starting to feel crampy , I hope I can stick it out untill morning because I have a doc appointment at 10 am .

5. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

wow girl. I hope all is ok. I have heard people go into labor with just cramping or a backache. I never listen to text book labor. It's always best to be seen. Hope you can stick out for 10 but if not go in. Thinking of you *hugs*

6. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

TBH I thought my first contractions just felt like menstrual cramps? Hope all goes well for you!

7. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Hope all goes well for you hun, take care :hugs: XX

8. Rach276

Rach276 Well-Known Member

I get loads of back achs when I get my BH, which just feel like period pain in my back?

9. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

How are you today???

10. JeffsWife07

JeffsWife07 Well-Known Member

Hey girl!!!
    How are you today????:hugs:

11. starryeye31

Im still sore , my back is still killing me , I went to the doc today and she said the babys head is on my pelvic bone , and he is head down , im still only at 1 cm and she said my cervix is very soft , she said she could feel his head and the bag of water, yikes , lol she told me she couldnt promise i wasnt in labor , didnt make me feel very safe , i later ran into her at the grocery store and she jokingly said this store will even make a non pregnant lady go into labor , lol i told her thats what i was afraid of . I just really hope this kiddo stays put I dont want an Easter baby .

12. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

I get really strong back spasms with my BH and have had these for the last 6 weeks. My back starts to throb and even carries into my stomach. Very uncomfortable.

I see my doctor on Tuesday which is good, because I had false labour pains last night according to the triage nurse at the hospital. I am also at risk for preterm labour which of course scared me last night.

Good luck hun. Try taking a warm bath with epson salts. It helps me.